GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to buy with bonus from work?

Burn Hard

Ok, so in a week i will be getting a bonus from work and I want to spend it on my GTI. Here are my options so far:

1. APR stage 1 with Carbonio intake
2. Thule roof rack system with fairing and bike rack
3. Upgraded brake pads and SS lines
4. P3 vent gauge

So what Do you all think? Also, feel free to add any additional mods that you recommend. Right now i am stock with tint and color matched side markers and front lower grill. Thanks in advance!

3ics

Ready to race!
All of the above :thumbsup:

Which one will benefit you the most?

I'm trying to figure out what I want from Santa as well - grabbed my OEM rack today, but was intrigued by the APR specials going on at my local dealer.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I'd go with APR tune and intake first.

Man I sure wish I had this problem...:p my list is 10x longer and no extra money to spend currently

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
I'd ditch the pads and lines for the s3 FMIC living in boca.

Burn Hard

Thanks for the input so far.

I have been going back and forth between the tune and rack because 99.9% i am just commuting 30 miles to work or just messing around town. I think i would like to do some autox, or at least give it a shot if there is something around west palm.

The rack will allow me to carry my bike much easier and carry stuff in general. One thing i hate about the GTI though is the mushy brake feel.

But in the scheme of things, for the price of the Tune i can get pads, lines, and rack.
More power is never a bad option though lol.

I think ill just have to see how big the bonus is then see how much of that list i can buy lol.

Last edited:

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
Dude, having the Thule is really handy especially if you ride a lot. Hated having to take the wheels out and stuffing it in the back. I have a road bike, and I really didn't want to scratch it up, and messing up those wheels...

now w/ the Thule rack and Echelon Shelf, just pop the front wheel off, and mount it up...

from your list though, you can't go wrong..LoL

Grownman

Ready to race!
Dude, having the Thule is really handy especially if you ride a lot. Hated having to take the wheels out and stuffing it in the back. I have a road bike, and I really didn't want to scratch it up, and messing up those wheels...

now w/ the Thule rack and Echelon Shelf, just pop the front wheel off, and mount it up...

from your list though, you can't go wrong..LoL

This, BUT winter is here and I don't think you will be riding too often. Perhaps holding off on purchasing it and go with the tune for now.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
1) APR Tune
2) Brake Pads / Caliper Bushings
3) Roof Rack (seems like you'd use it often)
4) Intake
5) FMIC
6) P3 Gauge

Or invest your bonus in a Roth IRA.

Eswin17

Ready to race!
Invest it.