GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

wo0zy88

my previous car was a 02 WRX with a ej207. (JDM STI motor swap) it was a fun car however maintance was a killer. had a built tranny from PPG and measured at 305whp. i do miss her, however after i test drove the GTI, it totally blew my mind how fun it was all together. no regrets what so ever. :thumbup:

AndrewinLA

Had a 2009 WRX and sold it (real quick sale & kept it's value) to get the 4 door red GTI I have now.

My biggest gripe is the front wheel drive. It always looses traction when taking off. It's kind of annoying. WRX was great for takeoff.

But I love the great stereo with Bluetooth integration. With an iPhone I have it all from music, podcasts, the integrated phone display, & GPS with Navigon app.

mk6monster

Go Kart Champion
My last car was a leased 2008 1.8L Honda civic navy blue. I dont really miss the car itself but deffinetly the memories.

Old Car!

And the UPGRADE!!

I love my new car she my baby... I always make sure she spotless. I love the way she drives, even though its not the quickest car ever trust me that it's alot faster than my old car!!

Uberryan

Banned
2007 Stg 2+ GTI with full bolt ons and APR file.

Still have the car, but have my eyes on a MKVI in the show room. I definitely want to get into a TSI motor, rather than the FSI. Too many quirks, and kinks, like with the cam follower, and timing belt rollers. Horribly expensive to fix after warranty.

Ahrie

2002 Acura RSX. Miss her a bit, but I LOVE my gti. Huge upgrade for me in speed and handling, and even interior/sound quality. =)

mustachiofurioso1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just came out of an '08 MINI Cooper S with lots of JCW stuff on it. Had a lot of problems and it got lemoned. Fun car when it ran correctly, but that was pretty rare.

Chopsticks1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

First time VW owner and i came across this thread and thought where better to make my first post right?

Anyway, im coming off of a 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, one of the best first cars a kid could ask for in my opinion. We went through a lot together , but 6 years later a cab driver totals it, and here i am today with a 2011 GTI just 2 days old.

Glad to be here!

mk6-k

Ready to race!
I had a 2006 JCW Mini Cooper S

Attachments

• DSC00257 (Large).jpg
    DSC00257 (Large).jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC00261 (Large).jpg
    DSC00261 (Large).jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 200

wutsupdoc1

Ready to race!
Chevrolet Impala.

The only thing I miss about the Impala is being able to put enormous subwoofers in the trunk and still be able to host small parties back there.

But hopefully there will soon be subwoofers in the spare tire well of my GTI :)

VWvin

Haha, a 1994 Volvo 850 turbo. Had 243,171 miles when I bought it in 2004 and had 243,171 miles when I traded it in in 2011. No telling how many miles are actually on that thing, but I think its safe to say that it was on it's way back from the moon in terms of distance travelled.

RB06

Ready to race!
My last car was a 2006 mkv gti, I actually still have it. Before my VW obsession I had a 2008 fj cruiser. **edit added pics**

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Medussa

Ready to race!
2006 black jeep grand Cherokee 5.7 hemi. And I don't miss the gas bill