GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

Tech72

Ready to race!
The new German in my life.

Cars owned prior to the 2010 GTI:

2007 Mazda 6 GT Sportwagon (still in the garage)

2001 Acura 1.7EL

1996 Acura Integra GS

1992 Nissan Maxima SE

1987 Honda Accord EXI

1983 Honda Accord LX

Yes, the GTI really is my first foray into driving German....The Japanese cars that I owned weren't particularly exciting to drive, but they were incredibly reliable, every one of them.

Bretterson

Ready to race!
I've had a GTI for a month now. Here's what I drove previously...

1997 Saturn SL2

1988 Toyota Supra Turbo (project car)

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

I still love that Acura, but the GTI has been great so far.

C4L

Banned
The only lure of the Mustang was the power and to make my father jealous since he owns a Cuda. Took him for a drive in my GTI and he was impressed by the power and the quality of the interior.

My uncle is a HUGE Mopar nut (goes to Mopar Nats and whatnot) and has an all original Challenger (show car) and modified Charger (drag car) w/ 1000hp, wheelie wheels, single seat, 1 gallon fuel tank, etc.

He LOVES my GTI.

He thinks the DSG is 'neat' and likes how much room it has for a car that is so small. He says for a commuter car (his way of saying daily driver I suppose) it is one of the best out there. Fun, fast, spacious, nice interior, good gas mileage, etc.

He drives a Dodge Ram Rumble Bee as his daily...

Even the GTI gets love from the American boys. Seems they don't like the Asian cars more than anything else. I can agree with them on that.

R

Rayunited

2012 GTI
2006 Lexus IS250 (wife's current car)
1997 Honda Prelude (sold)
1995 Honda Accord (totaled)
1991 Mazda 626

iamgap

Ready to race!
My uncle is a HUGE Mopar nut (goes to Mopar Nats and whatnot) and has an all original Challenger (show car) and modified Charger (drag car) w/ 1000hp, wheelie wheels, single seat, 1 gallon fuel tank, etc.

He LOVES my GTI.

He thinks the DSG is 'neat' and likes how much room it has for a car that is so small. He says for a commuter car (his way of saying daily driver I suppose) it is one of the best out there. Fun, fast, spacious, nice interior, good gas mileage, etc.

He drives a Dodge Ram Rumble Bee as his daily...

Even the GTI gets love from the American boys. Seems they don't like the Asian cars more than anything else. I can agree with them on that.

I too, am a MOPOWER nut, but only pre-leanburn cars. I bought my 2.5l Golf for best-bang-4-$ reasons, and got hooked by the enthusiast bug when looking for a way to turn off the DRL. It's not quite the GTI, but it moves better than anything else it's size and cost. :)

The oldest I have driven is a '54 NYer Deluxe w/331 hemi. Had a 68 Fury III, 68 Monoco 2 dr w/440 wedge, and a 70 D100 (plus others) in the past. But I love my Golf 2.5l.

gap

kabz

Ready to race!
I had a Miata, then an SRT-4.

I really miss the super comfortable NEON. Yep, was way softer riding then the GTI.

Despite the horsepower deficit, the GTI is wayy faster through the gears because the DSG is so much better than the crappy stodgy GM-feeling shifter in the SRT. (Drive an old Opel Ascona, yeah, like that)

Worst aspect of the GTI. No noise. No crackling. Best aspect. Turbine like acceleration.

JonRoth

Ready to race!
1999 Subaru Legacy Outback. His name was Tron.. (get it, Tron Legacy..like the movie Tron..)

miami90

Ready to race!

Not mine, but same car/color

67Scarelane

Ready to race!
My last car, that I traded in on my 2011 GTI, was a 1997 Lexus ES300. Great car. Very reliable. Awesome AC! Great car, but very boring to drive. I like my GTI much more for a every day driver...

breandly

• 1992 Hyundai Scoupe (1st car)
  • 2002 Honda Civic Si (mine) 2002 Acura RSX (wifes)
  • 2005 Volkswagen Jetta GLI (totalled :cry: ...never parted ways the way I wanted and knew I'd be back to a VW soon enough)
  • 2007 Mazda 6
  • 2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V
  • 2010 Volkswagen GTI (current) :happyanim: 2010 Ford Escape (wifes current)

TommyM

Ready to race!
1st 2005 Chevy Silverado
2nd 2008 Acura Mdx

Current: 2011 CSG GTI

Sent from my mk6 using Tapatalk