GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the fastest you've gone in your GTI?

C4L

Banned
hey hey hey man lol i said you won! no worries, i was lying the whole time. I actually dont even own a bike i get in my full leathers and just go to town on kids :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: your extensive research and hands on experience just proved it. and no our stock speedo never reads 190 unless km. or calibrated.

The only way you would know if you were going 190 on your bike is if you had a radar gun or similar. Your speed is inaccurate. This is normal for a motorcycle and is on average 10% off. If your speedo read 190 (and that is what you were using to verify your speed) then chances are real good that you were going no faster then say 171/172.

Thats all I am saying. I am not calling you out but rather giving you reason to question the accuracy of what you believe you were traveling at the time.

NOW, if you had a radar gun or GPS or other means of verifying your speed, then I retract my previous statements. Since I am guessing you did not and were just using your speedo. You were traveling less then 175mph IF your speedo read 190...

Which is fine because it is still stupid on public roads either way.

DaWoLF

Ready to race!
thats why i did say clocked. Yes it might be stupid but we took all the right measures in order to do so. Down here in florida we have like a Big Dick contest among the MC world and usually drag race or try to do a top end contest. im not the fastest and im not the slowest. I have seen busas and 14's easily destroy stock numbers of the claimed "175mph". I been riding since of young age so im not a wheelie squid kid showing off for the crowd but like i said, i dont have proof of that because i dont think we ever decided to show off with the numbers in pictures, it is more of a pride thing. I know at those speeds the smallest thing can destroy us and thats why i say its not fun or cool to do so. I live in miami, we dont have twisties and mountains but we do have long roads. Really nice straight long roads so we do what we do best. At that speed your not even staring at the speedo let alone rpms, you just go by ear. I ridden boosted to fully Noz'ed out bikes for shits and giggles and you can really feel the difference with 170 to 190 closing in on 200. i have hit 191 to 193 and that's it. Like i said, if you were in Miami and a rider then it would really be nothing but a phone call and some nice riding to show you the facts but were not so its ok. Not saying im super bad ass too because you can train any idiot to tuck and shift and hold the throttle, but i think what seperates us is the dedication and seriousness when we ride. Any rider can tell you and you can easily spot a rider who does it for the cool factor and girls and those who do it for passion just like Car modding. :thumbsup: sorry for long essay lol

C4L

Banned
thats why i did say clocked. Yes it might be stupid but we took all the right measures in order to do so. Down here in florida we have like a Big Dick contest among the MC world and usually drag race or try to do a top end contest. im not the fastest and im not the slowest. I have seen busas and 14's easily destroy stock numbers of the claimed "175mph". I been riding since of young age so im not a wheelie squid kid showing off for the crowd but like i said, i dont have proof of that because i dont think we ever decided to show off with the numbers in pictures, it is more of a pride thing. I know at those speeds the smallest thing can destroy us and thats why i say its not fun or cool to do so. I live in miami, we dont have twisties and mountains but we do have long roads. Really nice straight long roads so we do what we do best. At that speed your not even staring at the speedo let alone rpms, you just go by ear. I ridden boosted to fully Noz'ed out bikes for shits and giggles and you can really feel the difference with 170 to 190 closing in on 200. i have hit 191 to 193 and that's it. Like i said, if you were in Miami and a rider then it would really be nothing but a phone call and some nice riding to show you the facts but were not so its ok. Not saying im super bad ass too because you can train any idiot to tuck and shift and hold the throttle, but i think what seperates us is the dedication and seriousness when we ride. Any rider can tell you and you can easily spot a rider who does it for the cool factor and girls and those who do it for passion just like Car modding. :thumbsup: sorry for long essay lol

I am a rider as well and that is why I have trouble believing you hit 190+ on the street.

If you did, then great, but I still believe there is an inaccuracy with your speedo. That's all I am saying.

bmxr

Ready to race!
PC, exhaust and filter isn't going to make a 170mph bike into a 190+mph bike, no matter how bad you want it to :)

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
128 mph - Kingda Ka - Six Flags Great Adventure

Now let's all stand in a circle and compare e-peens.

DaWoLF

Ready to race!
like i said, theres really just no way to prove it because i didnt take footage or anything to brag about, was just days of raw shit talkind and balls on the table and yes these bikes even with less have been clocked at 178 to 180 on gps. You can google and see it with ease. even at top ends your not going to sit there and tell me your looking at your speedo. the speedos are inaccurate to some degrees not extensively but the bike has and will do it no worries. but Ok cool like i said you guys win. this is really not a big dick contest and im sorry it even went this far with the dumb back and forth.

Flyboy8784

Passed Driver's Ed
Mach .82 in my Daily Driver ; )

I wanna say it was somewhere in the Neighborhood of 530MPH on a decent out of 32,000 Feet

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
In the GTI, 85 maybe 90 mph. Ill beat that when I go to a track, I see no reason to act like a douche canoe on public roads.

RB06

Ready to race!
In the GTI, 85 maybe 90 mph. Ill beat that when I go to a track, I see no reason to act like a douche canoe on public roads.
haha "douche canoe" that should be the phrase of the week.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I think I win. My car may or may not have been a little before 7000 rpm in 6th... Which is around 155-160 mph. APR Stage 2.1 plus other stuff FTW

GTIProject

Ready to race!
130 on an empty stretch of highway on my way to work at 530AM. Very solid, no drama. I normally don't go above 90 or so - I have zero tickets to my record and intend on keeping it that way.

140 in an STI
148 in a friends K04'ed S4 (not driving)
166 in a 996 Turbo X51
170 in a 997 Turbo S (not driving)

Honestly, anywhere in the northeast, anything above 125 is taking your life in your hands as the roads are not meant for high speeds and other drivers do not watch their mirrors.

VWTN

Ready to race!
I am a rider as well and that is why I have trouble believing you hit 190+ on the street.

If you did, then great, but I still believe there is an inaccuracy with your speedo. That's all I am saying.

Florida has extremely long, flat and smooth roads. I had a speedo read 191 on a 05 R1. I agree, I was probably doing closer to 160 but I had it pegged for what seemed like forever. The road just never ended. Ocala National Forrest is a straight liners paradise.

Strangest feeling in the world is after doing those speeds, feeling like you can put your feet down at 70mph.