GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your next car?

McQueen77

Banned
1. X1 if I can afford it by then.

2. You can get a loaded CC Lux w/DSG and the 2.0T (that would be stage 1 in about 2 days) for $36k

3. I love the F30, but a comparably optioned one vs. the CC would approach high $40k range.. But it is a Bimmer and not a VW and it probably destroys the CC in the driving dept.

4. Tiguan SE if they smarten up and offer one with the DSG and not a slushbox

Last edited:

Aries Pope

Ready to race!
Probably a CPO S4 when the wife's Civic dies. Give her the GTI as a new DD and take the S4 myself.

Keeping my eye open for something new though....

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Something I've decided on a while ago - with God's grace and if He's willing, I'll be driving a BMW 135i :)

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
1. X1 if I can afford it by then.

2. You can get a loaded CC Lux w/DSG and the 2.0T (that would be stage 1 in about 2 days) for $36k

3. I love the F30, but a comparably optioned one vs. the CC would approach high $40k range.. But it is a Bimmer and not a VW and it probably destroys the CC in the driving dept.

4. Tiguan SE if they smarten up and offer one with the DSG and not a slushbox

What happened to being obsessed with manual transmissions?

Honestly, when I dump this, I'll probably stay away from anything new or German for a while. I'll probably downgrade to an EP3 (02-05 Civic Si hatch) in addition to the NA Miata I'm buying in the next few weeks. That said, I'm keeping this GTI as long as it stays reliable. So far its perfect other than burning more oil than (I think) it should and the TPMS being poop (but I think that's all cars).

And lol at the 4WD, turbo BR-Z... Different looking WRX that costs over $30k?

16plus4v

Ready to race!
Next for me is, MK7 GTI or R line. I will also entertain the Touareg TDI as I'd get a huge fuel break using company fill stations ;)

I could easily get into and S4 or BMW 3 series, but it's just not "me".. I can't stand the people who surround those brands. It's unfortunate really.

VW has the best following for enthusiasts. And based on the recent models VW is coming out with (CC,Tiguan, Passat, Touareg) there's really no need for me to switch to Audi since VW's quality has improved significantly in the last decade. This was not the case before.

Tough choices guys..

Last edited:

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
If I had the money most likely I would trade in GTI for Audi S4... But there is time I really thing about going more family friendly like Toyota Venza/ white or Gray with 18" would like more tire than rims on this car, I love my GTI but I did consider the Venza before buying my GTI.

16plus4v

Ready to race!
The Venza is nice. We have two in our family network. However, once you spend a good few hours in one you start to see the fit/ finish details between the German and Japanese vehicles. Again, very nice vehicle and it may suit your needs just fine.

I'd personally get an optioned out Tiggy (leather, 4 motion, nav etc.) before any Japanese crossover. Just me though..

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
MK7 Golf R or A3

Lou Maiuri

Banned
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the 335is, or the m3 lite as I like to call it. Either that or a Range Rover like a baws.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Looking at all sorts of crap from used Elise up to CTS-V Wagon with several other things in between. 3 things are certain though: it will have a 6-speed manual, it will be RWD (maaaaaybe AWD), and it will be faster than a stage 1 GTI.

Other things high on the list are Mustang GT (especially if the new ones are smaller and lighter with IRS like has been rumored), Z06 Vette, M3, 135i, ATS-V, TT-RS, S4, Cayman S, Golf RS if such a thing comes to pass, maybe even Mustang V6 if I want to go cheap.

Ideally I'd actually want an M135i with manual trans but that does not exist and even if it did would not be sold in this country.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Ideally I'd like to get into a BMW 135, but that would require me to save money by not modding the mk6...decisions...otherwise, mod out the MK6 and middle finger anyone I see with an mk7 out of jealousy