GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheels will not balance

Hooligan Car

I purchased last spring via Discount Tire 4 new TSW Snetterton wheels 18X8 with polished lips and 4 new Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires. The new wheel/tire combo refused to balance on my local stores best and newest state-of-the-art Hunter machine. Made 3 return trips without luck. They even purchased a different set of Michelin tires (Pilot Super Sports) that also would not balance. They finally asked if they could put stick-on weights on the outside polished lips. Didn't look too great but helped tremendously. Re-mounted A/S 3+ tires and re-balanced. Not as smooth as stock Autobahn wheels but...OK. Now in winter, the stick on weights keep falling off sending me back to Discount Tire. Any suggestions?:mad0259:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So when you say they don't balance...is that on their balancing machine you're seeing it?

OR the car shakes with the wheels on it?

I assume you're using the TSW hub rings (should be blue) and cone seat bolts with them?

I would've asked for a refund and/or not taken them when they didn't balance when you bought them (assuming they didn't balance on the machine). They shouldn't have even sold them to you to be honest.
Discount has a satisfaction guarantee....tell them you're unhappy (still assuming they don't balance on the machine) and you want different wheels or something.