ralphykid67

Ready to race!
Tips for improved turbo noise:

-aftermarket intake
-soundaktor delete
-windows open (even partially helps)
-do a hard pull in a tunnel or next to tall barriers on an entrance ramp
- do this in cooler weather ^

Since fall has come around I am burning through tanks of gas with all the hard pulls I'm getting on entrance ramps. I'm not even tuned (just the mods mentioned earlier) and I can get my turbo to pshhhhhhhhhhhhh pretty damn good. Only problem is I need to change my draws after cuz I jizz so hard when I hear it.

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
lol.....That's a "problem" I definately want!

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Think I will try the soundaktor delete next off weekend (been meaning to get to that) and ask Mrs Klaus for the intake ....

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I am trying to figure out when turbo boost kick in. With virtually no turbo lag, I don't know if it kicks in at certain RPM, or when flooring gas pedal. So, how can you tell?

A boost gauge will answer that for you. :rolleyes:

IVVVIKris

Ready to race!
A boost gauge will answer that for you. :rolleyes:

^This^

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
some people see a boost gauge in the picture. I see a device restricting air flow and keeping my car hot in the summer.

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Can we move this thread to the stupid questions thread??

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
some people see a boost gauge in the picture. I see a device restricting air flow and keeping my car hot in the summer.

I see a cheapass boost gauge that needs adjustment prior to install. :fighting0030:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

pfft like any air gets out of the left side driver vent.
full blast and i may get a tickle out of that side.(no gauge for me, i have a
steering wheel mounted gauge)

Irishbri

Go Kart Champion
Does the steering wheel mount block your center display at all?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Go with vent pod...don't listen to the morons about restricting airflow. The other vents keep up just fine and vent pod looks so much better then the column pod

I do believe that would be your opinion as for blocking view i loose like half of my "temp gauge" and from 6700rpm up.
MFD is unobstructed this also depends on where you have the steering wheel at in your car. i keep mine fully extended and kinda higher.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Podi SW gauge is the best IMO if you want to mount it to your steering wheel

I love my P3, goes so well with the refined feel of the GTI

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
that pic above is looking at it head on. the pic below is more of a head height looking down.