GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which car that you used to own do you miss the most?

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
My 944 Turbo. Regret selling it daily.

Hurts to look at those, actually. There's always one car we regret.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
nice 944! miss mine! (non turbo tho)

greasy, dat M3!!! why sell?

PetrolHead

I really think the 944 is the best performance car you can get for the money. Mine would have eventually gotten an LS swap if I wasn't an idiot and sold it.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
1969 Camaro

Here she is the day I got her......October 23rd, 1995. Look at the 19 year old me rocking that pager. :D Ah, the 90s.......things were simpler

Broke my heart to sell her but had to do it. In the end she was just sitting in the garage for 8 years with no work done to her, could not afford to keep restoring her and would have been tough to bring her to CO. At least I could sell her to a guy who would do the restoration with his sons.

I'll get another 69 Camaro someday, but it won't be the same.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
944 Turbo in that clean of shape is a rare breed, why did you sell?

greasy...

E92?! Why did you sell it ?
mk4 R did you sell that for the E92?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
1969 Camaro

Here she is the day I got her......October 23rd, 1995. Look at the 19 year old me rocking that pager. :D Ah, the 90s.......things were simpler

Broke my heart to sell her but had to do it. In the end she was just sitting in the garage for 8 years with no work done to her, could not afford to keep restoring her and would have been tough to bring her to CO. At least I could sell her to a guy who would do the restoration with his sons.

Surprised to hear you say that...

1969 camaros are pretty cheap to restore minus the paint... I considered doing it with my Firebird, but the body work was just too expensive. Without having a connection at the shop it is all for visual antics. And spending 5k on paint and 3k on body work on a car that was 5k seems retarded...you'll never see that money in the end. But engine/trans/interior upgrades are a lot more tangible and cheaper.

PetrolHead

It was track prepped, no A/C, my wife hated it. I had to hear every day how much she hated it, it took up all the space in our 1-car garage in Long Beach. I cracked one weekend, posted in CL and got my asking price in cash within 12 hours. It happened so fast, I didn't even feel it...until after the fact. I've owned dozens of cars, it was far and away my favorite. It's the most money I ever made on a car, but amazingly, I'm still not over it, and it was 3 years ago.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It was track prepped, no A/C, my wife hated it. I had to hear every day how much she hated it, it took up all the space in our 1-car garage in Long Beach. I cracked one weekend, posted in CL and got my asking price in cash within 12 hours. It happened so fast, I didn't even feel it...until after the fact. I've owned dozens of cars, it was far and away my favorite. It's the most money I ever made on a car, but amazingly, I'm still not over it, and it was 3 years ago.

:( Man that sucks... Was the wife just tired of the boat anchor that only you would drive only once a week?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Those are pics I got out of a brochure on how to be white.
you did it right.

1969 Camaro

aw man, my dad had a 69 Camaro. and he sold it to help with the down payment on our house. he tells me all the time he wishes he would have kept it. that is the #1 reason why i will not get rid of my nova. she needs some work done, but no way am i getting rid of her. too many good memories and still plenty of fun to be had in that car.

oh and my car that i got rid of (well gave to my brother when he got his license) was my 94 Thunderbird. i put that car through the ringer and it never had a single problem. i used to take it off roading all the time, drift the shit out of it in the rain and mud. car was hideous, clear coat peeling off, color of car was like a very light silvery blue that looked like crap. seats were fading due to the sun. but that car was a champ and i learned a lot from driving that car.

Then my dad ended up selling it to MY friend a when i was like 19 or 20 and he ended up rear ending someone and totalled it. :(

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
damn, sorry dude. why didnt you replace it with another one/used one?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
goddamn.. I'm sorry dude :(