GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

White Tire Lettering DIY

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
This seems like one of those things that I actually do think is cool, but just never seem to end up doing. Like painting my calipers yellow. I might end up doing that one though.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Always thought when well done that this was pretty cool. Props for trying it and doing a damn good job at it too!

Sherlock997

Ready to race!
This looks really good man, nice work!!!

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

This seems like one of those things that I actually do think is cool, but just never seem to end up doing. Like painting my calipers yellow. I might end up doing that one though.

Yeah. It was something I was indecisive about and hadn't done it for that reason. Plus I didn't want to put in all the work and have to live with something that wasn't easily reversible.

Always thought when well done that this was pretty cool. Props for trying it and doing a damn good job at it too!

Thanks! Curiosity got the best of me since I had never seen anyone do it on this car.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
I like it and would love to do my Michelin's, but would rather like the full size script from their team tyres.

THISFCKINGUY

Ready to race!
may i suggest using a better marker. I'm a street artist and those sharpie paint markers leak like hell thats probably why you had so many mess ups. use Deco Brand Oil based markers, those will hold up pretty well in the elements. if you can cut out a lil stencil and mask the tire, a acrylic clear coat spray will help ALOT.

Sherlock997

Ready to race!
Yeah, I was not sure if i wanted to follow through with it after realizing how complex the design on the side of the tire was for the Michelins. Wouldn't doing a clear coat on rubber make it crack?

THISFCKINGUY

Ready to race!
Yeah, I was not sure if i wanted to follow through with it after realizing how complex the design on the side of the tire was for the Michelins. Wouldn't doing a clear coat on rubber make it crack?

the paint or the tire? either one, I'm not sure, never tired it. but also, in a pinch, aqua net hairspray makes a nice seal for markers like that.

Sherlock997

Ready to race!
The paint. I read certain kinds fade quicker of crack and peel. I hadn't really read anything on the sharpie pen and it said it was good for rubber surfaces.

THISFCKINGUY

Ready to race!
The paint. I read certain kinds fade quicker of crack and peel. I hadn't really read anything on the sharpie pen and it said it was good for rubber surfaces.

oh no way dude. grab a Deco marker or Sakura brand oil paint marker. do your thing, let it dry and use a spray acrylic coat. but the less you get on your tire the better. I'm pretty positive it'll be awesome. i used to use those sharpie paint markers, but they'd randomly start leaking when i was drawing n stuff.

Sherlock997

Ready to race!
Just a little update. After two weeks of having the letters painted they have been driven in the rain a couple times, been through some spirited back road driving, and a wash I am glad to say the paint has held up amazingly. Looks just like the day i painted them. No cracking or flaking whatsoever.

Sherlock997

Ready to race!
Update!!!

Get your tires mounted before doing this project! The tire mounting process took nearly all my paint off and I had to redo them.

Sherlock997

Ready to race!
It really did. I was not a happy camper to say the least when I saw what had happened.

Last edited: