GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

who makes the quietest aftermarket exhaust

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
so after i installed my bull-x downpipe, i added the vibrant resonator, a mid muffler from a a3 and kept my stock exhaust. the volume is great as i want my car to be as quiet as possible, the problem is i really suck at welding and cant stand knowing i have this hacked together system. the dealership i work at is an apr dealer, so i'm leaning towards them, but i assume their exhaust is going to be too loud. can someone chime in a point me in the right direction? for context a couple of the techs at the vw dealer next to mine have the awe track and i find it ridiculously loud.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds like staying stock is your best choice. Youtube has exhaust system videos with just about every manufacturer.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Volkswagen makes a awesome one that sounds perfect with a downpipe if you ask me. Anyways, I’d look for a cat back with a legit muffler in the rear, as you said the APR does look loud as well. CTS turbo and Cobb make one with a full muffler iirc.

Merry Christmas.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have the Bull-X downpipe, and it's paired with an AWE track exhaust & Jake's Vibrant midpipe. It's barely louder than stock. If you're pedal to the floor above 4k rpms it'll get a little loud, but just daily driving is close to stock levels.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I have the Bull-X downpipe, and it's paired with an AWE track exhaust & Jake's Vibrant midpipe. It's barely louder than stock. If you're pedal to the floor above 4k rpms it'll get a little loud, but just daily driving is close to stock levels.
I can't believe just adding a vibrant res turns down the volume that much. There's a tech I work with that has a Jetta with the map performance dp, awe track and it's so loud people make fun of him.

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds like staying stock is your best choice. Youtube has exhaust system videos with just about every manufacturer.
My stock is too hacked up to keep. I checked the videos out but I don't know how it is in the real world. From the videos the Apr with resonator sounds good and quiet but then people of the forums talk about how loud it is. And from my experience the awe sounds terrible but every thing I read is about how tamed and quiet it is.

dsgvw

Ready to race!
For what it’s worth I’m stage II and ARM catted downpipe, OEM catback and it was crazy loud before welding in the vibrant resonator. Now it’s almost stock-like.. wife didn’t even notice the downpipe upgrade lol.

I was blown away at how much of a difference the resonator made.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I can't believe just adding a vibrant res turns down the volume that much. There's a tech I work with that has a Jetta with the map performance dp, awe track and it's so loud people make fun of him.

The downpipe actually makes quite a bit of difference. Before getting the Bull-X downpipe, I had the MAP catted/resonated downpipe, it was definitely more loud and not as civil as the Bull-X one.

When using that downpipe, I ran it without the Vibrant midpipe for some time, and it was definitely too much. Which is why I got Vibrant midpipe.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m not sure what the OP drives, but my quietest CBE/TBE is built & gets installed on January 6th (Mk7 & Mk7.5 GTI only).

The Stealth TBE will split the difference between my Less Aggressive & the DP & MP with the OEM CBE

This
580F3B22-8D99-4E74-8FAB-C3BE8822F62D.jpeg

Plus this
0107DB6C-1973-4531-AD4F-EC75B62CE7F6.jpeg

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
I’m not sure what the OP drives, but my quietest CBE/TBE is built & gets installed on January 6th (Mk7 & Mk7.5 GTI only).

The Stealth TBE will split the difference between my Less Aggressive & the DP & MP with the OEM CBE

This View attachment 233615
Plus this
View attachment 233616
I was looking at your less aggressive set-up on stealth gti's YouTube page and if I'm being honest I think it's too loud. If your new setup can come close to stock I may be a buyer. When do you think you'll have some sound clips available?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I was looking at your less aggressive set-up on stealth gti's YouTube page and if I'm being honest I think it's too loud. If your new setup can come close to stock I may be a buyer. When do you think you'll have some sound clips available?

He’s coming the first week of January for installation & putting together a before & after video. Normally he’s a week or two behind on his channel, but if nothing else I’ll have some clips the day it goes on.

I can build something even quieter, but Stealth just wanted to turn it down a hair & loves the dual muffler aesthetics.

A184844A-2DBC-409B-9A9D-34AE92B74B67.png

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1837

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
He’s coming the first week of January for installation & putting together a before & after video. Normally he’s a week or two behind on his channel, but if nothing else I’ll have some clips the day it goes on.

I can build something even quieter, but Stealth just wanted to turn it down a hair & loves the dual muffler aesthetics.

View attachment 233621

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1837
What would the price for the real quiet option? I do love the look of the dual muffler though.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Same price for either Stealth Option, $2,200 for the GTI & $2,500 for GLI. Add $1,100 for full TBE with the GESI 300 cell (Gen2 400 cell is on backorder with no lead time).

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Same price for either Stealth Option, $2,200 for the GTI & $2,500 for GLI. Add $1,100 for full TBE with the GESI 300 cell (Gen2 400 cell is on backorder with no lead time).

What's the turn around time for the suitcase muffler and is It $2200 all in shipping included?