GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why do people put aftermarket wheels on?

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
As mentioned for the weight saving and looks.
I did it because one of my detroits got a crack. I do miss them from time to time, but I hated having to meticulously care for the mirror cut face.

Wow! 40 whole pounds? Just go on a freaking diet...

Google "unsprung weight" and learn something today.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
BecauseRacecar

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
Because you guys (like all guys on car forums) like drama and acting superior.

or maybe not everyone doesn't want to drive a car that looks like a non-tuner gti. people just want to be different and build something to there liking

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
i got denvers with my GTI.

so i bought some Karthoums, OEM quality + looks + boat anchor

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
You make fun of people getting aftermarket wheels by comparing them to someone with a Honda. Yet, you are the one who has an erection for the S2000 and frankly, I still think you wished you have gotten that instead of your GTI. You are also so concerned with speed and performance, and being able to race and beat a S2000. You went stage 1. Yet, you can't fathom the advantages of unsprung weight reduction in lighter wheels. However, you also think just because you have more HP and TQ, you should automatically be able to beat a modded S2000. Because we all know those numbers mean everything. Looks are subjective, so I won't go into that. But since you started it, I'll be frank and say IMO, the Detroits are ugly. OEM Lagunas are much better looking. My statement still stands...you should probably sell your GTI and get a S2000.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
^Dis

You are extremely bipolar, and you're doing a fantastic job of pissing off the community that wants to help you.

You can be opinionated just don't try to flip us all off while you do it.

Last edited:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
what the fuck is this.

Move this to OT for we can haz more fun.

czirrfb

Banned
I can't because 2 reasons.

-Nobody sells their S2000's.
-Ones that ARE for sale are either beat to shit with 120K+ miles or are in good condition going for $20k+

czirrfb

Banned
Is curb rash fixable on the detroits?

Probably would be cheaper/easier to just buy a single one on ebay for like $200

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Maybe you should get a Subaru then. Seeing as you want to lower your GTI and get mudflaps. Because that's ok but wheels are not.