GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why does my sitting position feel so high in this GTI

yunone

Ready to race!
I have a 2012 with Autobahn and I feel like my sitting position when i am driving is very similar to what it is when i drive my truck. My knees are bent instead of being nearly flat/extended as they are when i am in my corrado.

I have the seat levers in the furthest down position that i can make them go and i feel like i am still sitting elevated.. I can look over at an M5 and be looking down on it....blah

is there a mod i can to get this seat flatter and my legs flatter similar to that in my corrado?

FNR32

Ready to race!
Maybe a seat rail modification of some sort?

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I don't have this issue in my 2 door GTI but my girlfriend has a 4 door and when i drive it i experience the same thing. I feel like i'm sitting very high. Part of this might be due that i'm on driver gear springs but the seating position is definitely different, much more upright.

ohsnapzombies

Ready to race!
Seat position reminds me of my MKIV Jetta. More of a chair like position. It doesn't bother me at all. I like the way it seats.

Also in for pics of Corrado.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
are you sure you pumped the seat lever all the way down? It's not just an up down adjustment.. you gotta pump it. Like Arnold.

raaalph

Ready to race!
are you sure you pumped the seat lever all the way down? It's not just an up down adjustment.. you gotta pump it. Like Arnold.

This....plus I got the GTI after trading in a Dodge Ram on 33" all-terrain tires. I don't think I've ever had the problem described by OP, nor will I ever have that problem :lol:

Edit: OP stated it's the same seating position as his truck. Is this the truck?

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
Yeah, definitely higher than Audi's and other cars. Although I like the feel of sitting in an Audi, I think sitting in a higher position like the GTI feels more functional for driving.

yunone

Ready to race!
truck pic with STI seats......much nicer than Toyota shit seats....but to my point its still in the upright truck centric position

as for the corrado....its as OEM as it could be in green with tan leather....just the way it should be :)

Attachments

• photo35.jpg
    photo35.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 322

yunone

Ready to race!
Yeah, definitely higher than Audi's and other cars. Although I like the feel of sitting in an Audi, I think sitting in a higher position like the GTI feels more functional for driving.
I dont disagree with functional, but i swear sometimes i feel like i am on display in my fish bowl