GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will VW/Audi ever address the turbo lag issue in their stock 2.0T?

btufail

Ready to race!
I know many have talked about this issue in some VW and even Audi models. And I know that the lag issue can be somewhat resolved with certain modifications. But as we see the new kia optima and Hyundai sonata with the Twin scrolling turbos which claim to greatly reduce turbo lag. Has VW/Audi made any efforts to address this issue in their stock engines?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
No lag issues when I was Stage 1. No Lag issues when I'm K04 (Bigger turbo)

RickA1

Ready to race!
I don't feel my stock 2.0T has any lag. Of course you have to learn how to drive and be in the right RPM range. If you're in 6th gear and go WOT at 2500 RPM there will be turbo lag, plus you'd be asking too much from that little engine.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You should feel the lag on my TDI :(

McQueen77

Banned
turbo lag? huh? since when?

AdamC

Ready to race!
rofl try an eclipse with a 60 trim t3/t4...

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

btufail

Ready to race!
there's no wonder "fail" is part of your name...

Thanks made my day! I personally haven't noticed it since I went to stage ! But I know people on here and other forums have brought it up! I read an article that kia and hyundai went to a twin scrolling turbo to reduce lag that was present in most german made autos. Whether that true or not , who knows? And no, never driven a WRX!

I know many have talked about this issue in some VW and even Audi models. And I know that the lag issue can be somewhat resolved with certain modifications. But as we see the new kia optima and Hyundai sonata with the Twin scrolling turbos which claim to greatly reduce turbo lag. Has VW/Audi made any efforts to address this issue in their stock engines?

Kia and Hyundai are pieces of shit with a history of making poor quality vehicles.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion