GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window Tinting Place

808OR

Passed Driver's Ed
Any of you guys from Portland metro area know of a shop that will be okay to tint your windows darker than allowed? I just got the car and really want it tinted, but I want like 25% not 35%. Let me know! Thanks

gogtigo1

Ready to race!
Any of you guys from Portland metro area know of a shop that will be okay to tint your windows darker than allowed? I just got the car and really want it tinted, but I want like 25% not 35%. Let me know! Thanks

...a shop ... MOTORSPORTS .... The address is 526 SE 6th Ave......number is 503-244-9010 ... Give them a call if you need anything.

You can sometimes pay cash, no receipt, risk it on your own, waiver the receipt as show car only or just wing it via cash at many places....just don't go crying to whomever if you get pulled over ya dig.

You mileage may vary (YMMV)

Sent from my iPad3 via Tapatalk

808OR

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

MtnJason

Passed Driver's Ed
Solar eclipse in Vancouver will tint to whatever you want if you sign a waiver. $180 for a four door gti.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FamousEric

Ready to race!
Solar eclipse in Vancouver will tint to whatever you want if you sign a waiver. $180 for a four door gti.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Had my mk4 done there 10% and my dad did his forester at the same time so they hooked us up. Tint lasted over 2 years when I ended up selling my car. My dads tint still looks stellar even with dog nose smears all over. Think that was about 3.5 years ago.

chip1

Ready to race!
Any suggestions for tinting places in the Beaverton area?

smokey24

Ready to race!
Theres a shop next to futrell autowerks. Hate to mention there name. They will do whatever. Good qualitys cuts and tinting. I dont know the name of it but its on same side of the road as futrell and its 1 driveway east of futrells.

skyfox23

Ready to race!
I've had 503 Motoring do 3M rock protection, I believe they do tint as well!? Also some place called Alexia or Elexia, not sure on the spelling lol

///Audience

Ready to race!
just throwing this out there; just about every shop out there will do tint below the legal limit for $$ under the table and just about every shop out there would really hate to see their names on threads like this.

While it may not seem like that big a deal (and it really isnt), shops can get fined a tremendous amount for doing this. For one, its tax evasion, and second, shops can see a fine of $10,000 if caught tinting below the legal limit. Its also been documented that a tint shop owner has seen criminal penalties after a vehicle that they tinted the windshield on (like 5%) was in a wreck and they were held liable. This goes the same for asking your shop to bypass your ebrake lockout on an indash screen.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
just throwing this out there; just about every shop out there will do tint below the legal limit for $$ under the table and just about every shop out there would really hate to see their names on threads like this.

While it may not seem like that big a deal (and it really isnt), shops can get fined a tremendous amount for doing this. For one, its tax evasion, and second, shops can see a fine of $10,000 if caught tinting below the legal limit. Its also been documented that a tint shop owner has seen criminal penalties after a vehicle that they tinted the windshield on (like 5%) was in a wreck and they were held liable. This goes the same for asking your shop to bypass your ebrake lockout on an indash screen.

I know an installer who was fined for pulling the driver's side airbag and putting a LCD in the steering wheel that would play DVDs while in motion. He got hammered BIG TIME for the airbag removal.

KrunchyKaine

Wish I had thought about looking around before having the dealership do it.. Oh well, something to think about for next time.