GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wireless's csg 11 gti

wireless

Ready to race!
I don't post here much, but here goes....

2011 GTI. Base. 2dr, CSG.
bought 6/8/13 w/ 17k on it!

Anyways - mods....

Performance:
I figured I would also use this thread as a personal journal, also referencing my current mods & putting together a to-do list of future mods.

plans for this year(2014): Retrofit (nixed), coils or springs (completed, H&R Sports), wheels, rear sway bar, color matched sidemarkers, boost gauge

Performance mods: to-do list (likely in this order):

Completed: Unitronic Stage 2 tune - 20k miles, Stage 2 flashed in 9/2013
Completed: Cold air intake - Unitronic Cold Air Intake - Installed 1/10/13. OLD: APR Carbonio Stage 1, installed 6/20/13 @ 17,800.. removed at 26,300 on 1/10/13
REMOVED: Borla Catback exhaust - 19,000 miles. 8/2013
REMOVED: Downpipe (godspeed - POS) - installed 9/13 @ 20k
Completed: CTS Turboback Exhaust w/ cat - installed 2/8/14 @ 27,500
Completed: Audi R8 coil packs - 12/2013, 26k miles
Boost gauge(performance?? lol.)
Intercooler
Completed: Unitronic Stage 2+ kit, 28,500 miles, new oil (Motul 8100 X-Clean) & new plugs @ .028"

Suspension Mods:
Completed: H&R Sport Springs
Wheels eventually. Going with Forgestar F14's in Hyper Silver more than likely, or Neuspeed RSe12 Hyper Black.
Neuspeed or H&R 24mm adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Unibrace Underbrace

Cosmetic mods planned:

Completed: Tint.. 5% on the back 3 windows
Completed: LED license plate lights, October 2013, 22k
Completed: OEM Golf R tinted LED tails, October 2013, 22k
Clear (or black) side markers.
REMOVED: Nokya Hyper Yellow H8 fog lights (2500k)
Completed: Morimoto 4300k H8 fog lights

Last edited:

pbrown

Passed Driver's Ed
needs pics! I bet that borla is pretty loud with a catless downpipe, :w00t:

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Looks awesome! Isn't it suggested to upgrade struts or shocks when using those springs?

FWIW, get the Rse12's in hyper black. Looks incredible on CSG. I have a 2011 4/door CSG. The F14's were the first wheel I strongly considered getting for my car. Now I'm considering he new Enkei TSP6 or the Rse12. Such a bg investment though.

wireless

Ready to race!
Looks awesome! Isn't it suggested to upgrade struts or shocks when using those springs?

FWIW, get the Rse12's in hyper black. Looks incredible on CSG. I have a 2011 4/door CSG. The F14's were the first wheel I strongly considered getting for my car. Now I'm considering he new Enkei TSP6 or the Rse12. Such a bg investment though.

I'm right there with you - I like ALL 3 of the above wheels haha.
FWIW, I don't think the struts or shocks will make any difference. It rides just like stock - and pretty much any coilover would get me at the same height I'm at now at pretty much their highest setting lol. but we'll see - I'm happy with them now :) if anything I'll try some Koni Yellow's later on, but eh.

I think we just became best friends! I'm getting ideas from your car.

hahaha right?! I saw your thread and was like uhhhh... my shit's already been done. fuuuu! except I have weathertech window deflectors.. idk if you do lol

Looks really sharp. I wish we could get away with tint like that in PA.

Thanks man! Dark tint is kind of a must down here in Texas (helps a bit with the heat) plus I like it for privacy reasons / keepng cars from blinding me at night lol

SlowS3

Ready to race!
hahaha right?! I saw your thread and was like uhhhh... my shit's already been done. fuuuu! except I have weathertech window deflectors.. idk if you do lol

I think I'm going to debadge the gti and i also like your license plate frame.

SlowS3

Ready to race!

I think I'm going to debadge the gti and i also like your license plate frame.

wireless

Ready to race!
Debadging it was one of the first things I did. I used dental floss hahaha, worked awesome though. Cleaned up the rear a lot.

Plate frame... I liked it, but for some reason I was under the impression that the $28 (or whatever I paid, close to $30) was for both the front and back... was only one, so I put it on the back and I don't run a front plate now lol