GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

With the Mk7 posting impressive numbers.. will you go ko4?

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I heard there are already several prototypes for this. I think they're keeping the stock exhaust manifold and adjusting the fitting at the end to mount an aftermarket turbo.

The question I ask is, how much power is usable on a FWD car? If one was going to do a turbo swap to make big power (by big I mean like over ko4 power for us mk6 guys) why not just buy the R instead? AWD is always going to be easier to handle IMO.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
If that video was a tune only MK7 GTI against a stock R, the tuned R's are going to be pretty outrageous. If I can throw a tune on a MK7 R and run 12's I'm in for this X a billion.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
If that video was a tune only MK7 GTI against a stock R, the tuned R's are going to be pretty outrageous. If I can throw a tune on a MK7 R and run 12's I'm in for this X a billion.
I think it is tune only, because they're quoting the stage 1 only HP number in the description. An intake and exhaust will add another 35 HP on top.

My guess is the MK7 R should be good for 380 HP with a tune on pump gas because the turbo is slightly larger than the MK7 GTI. With AWD that's going to be a fast car!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I think it is tune only, because they're quoting the stage 1 only HP number in the description. An intake and exhaust will add another 35 HP on top.

My guess is the MK7 R should be good for 380 HP with a tune on pump gas because the turbo is slightly larger than the MK7 GTI. With AWD that's going to be a fast car!

Arin has already stated that the stage 1 tune for the R will gain significantly less than stage 1 in the GTI. It'll be faster, stage 1 to stage 1, though.

Chris Harris thinks the R handles more competently than the 235i, though. He also called the engine more effective up top.. Crazy.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Arin has already stated that the stage 1 tune for the R will gain significantly less than stage 1 in the GTI. It'll be faster, stage 1 to stage 1, though.

Chris Harris thinks the R handles more competently than the 235i, though. He also called the engine more effective up top.. Crazy.

not that crazy really... every next gen car SHOULD be better than the previous years... though that's not always the case with all of them.

speedster

Go Kart Champion

Are you a Drive subscriber? How did you get access to the full review?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Are you a Drive subscriber? How did you get access to the full review?

I pay for Drive+. $4/mo. I didn't for a while, but I realized that Drive is my favorite channel on Youtube. It's just not complete without them. The + content is about the same as before, but if anything you get a bit more content like full lap videos and other little extras.

http://youtube.com/driveplus