GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would a dealer allow this?

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
The lease on my BMW ends at the end of November and while I'm not interested in a Mark VI GTI at this point in it's model life I am interested in the Mark VII. However as we know it won't be here until mid-2014. Would a dealer allow me to lease a car until the 2014's are here? Or give me a demo that I would pay a monthly fee for until the car I want arrives? I doubt BMW will let me extend the lease knowing I would not lease another vehicle from them. It's kind of a strange situation but I wonder if a dealer would give up a sale over this?

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
finish up the lease with bmw in novemeber. After that head over to volkswagen and pick out the cheapest, basic car you can get (probably a base jetta). get the lowest month possible of lease that the dealer offers. Drive the jetta around until the new mk7 comes out. It will suck going from a 328i to a base jetta, but I would just deal with it. Then when the mk7 does come out, head back over to the dealer and trade in your lease and purchase a mk7. Volkswagen allows you to trade in on a lease as long as you purchase another car or start a new lease.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
or actually you might wanna start a very long lease that way your payments are lower.

yoffer

Go Kart Newbie
VW is offering 0 due at signing and no first month payment for a 2013 passat at $249/month lease, but for 39 months. I just dont see VW letting you lease a car for a year until the mk7 comes out and then just give it back to them so you can get the new gti, unless you bring some serious dough to signing.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Enjoy the BMW until the day you return it. Head over to VW and finance a mk6. Enjoy it and when the mk7 comes out, trade it in and get the mk7. That way, you're not missing out during the time of waiting.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
You can do anything, it will just cost you.

Buy a used civic private party, then sell it private party - a year or so of driving and you should not see much depreciation.

This

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Enjoy the BMW until the day you return it. Head over to VW and finance a mk6. Enjoy it and when the mk7 comes out, trade it in and get the mk7. That way, you're not missing out during the time of waiting.

Why take the hit on the trade? I don't want the Mark VII so badly that I'm willing to take a financial hit. If VW can't work with me and I understand if this is not feasible, I'll probably end up in another BMW or a Focus ST. Possibly a CC.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
finish up the lease with bmw in novemeber. After that head over to volkswagen and pick out the cheapest, basic car you can get (probably a base jetta). get the lowest month possible of lease that the dealer offers. Drive the jetta around until the new mk7 comes out. It will suck going from a 328i to a base jetta, but I would just deal with it. Then when the mk7 does come out, head back over to the dealer and trade in your lease and purchase a mk7. Volkswagen allows you to trade in on a lease as long as you purchase another car or start a new lease.

If this is true it's feasible. I'll check this out. Thank you.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Another option would be to check with BMW to see if they will extend your lease by 6 months or so.

misaka

Ready to race!
There are some dealerships that will do monthly rentals. It's usually something like a Camry or whatnot, but my brother was able to rent a new camry from a dealership for ~250-300 a month, on a month to month basis while he shopped around for a new car and ended up with a GTI lol.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Thanks. I think this would be contingent on committing to a new BMW but it's worth asking.

Actually they may well do this. My brother leased a MKV GTI and was able to get VW to agree to extend his lease by 6 months. However, in the end he purchased his GTI and has been quiet happy with it ever since.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
If this is true it's feasible. I'll check this out. Thank you.

they let me trade in my lease with no penalties a few years back. My sister recently started a lease on a 2013 lease, and they told her that at anytime she would be able to trade in her lease as long as she starts another lease of buys a car.