GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xbox One FS

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
when i was young and the PS3 was being released i waited in line bought 2 and sold 1 to a guy further in the line that paid for mine as well...

I was 17 i think and i would never do anything like that ever again, its not worth it to me anymore to make a quick buck off someone like that...

best of luck it will sell easy

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I didn't but that is good to know.

I didn't know that either... And I agree with you for the low bid, but I've watched dozens of these sell with bids starting at 500, 600 for 700 so it won't make THAT much of a difference. But I still wish I had started lower. I just went with what eBay told me, haha.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
ebay fees are so rediculous its not even worth it anymore. i lose all profit after ebay fees, paypal fees, and shipping. ebay takes 10% of selling price. if you sell it for $700, you lose $70 right there. then lose another 3% to paypal. another $18 lost there.. i use ebay as a last last resort.. such as 2 dodge charger items i have on there right now. hoping to make $20 each in my pocket after my shipping costs and fees.. for $200-$300 items new..

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
One of my xbox's will sell locally for $680. If I get another offer, I'll end the auction- you get one free early ending per year.

JhnR

Banned
OP its tough at your price, at mos you'll sell this at the same price it sells anywhere else. No one will pay almost $200 over the $499. A little over the top lol.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
OP its tough at your price, at mos you'll sell this at the same price it sells anywhere else. No one will pay almost $200 over the $499. A little over the top lol.

Just sold one locally for $680. It's all about supply and demand. I got four other offers lined up for the other two. It's sold out all over.

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
OP's price is pretty fair.

Here's a local guy selling the same thing. Asking for $1,500!!!! He actually left his phone number in that post. I'm thinking of trolling him. Having him meet me in some crowded area during rush hour then not showing up.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/vgm/4203994809.html

$1100
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/4206523003.html

There's about 10 people selling them for $1000 or more. And wayyy more people selling them in the 700 ballpark. Why the FUCK would someone pay 1500 when they could pay 700?? These people are idiots. Where do they get off?

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
OP's price is pretty fair.

Here's a local guy selling the same thing. Asking for $1,500!!!! He actually left his phone number in that post. I'm thinking of trolling him. Having him meet me in some crowded area during rush hour then not showing up.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/vgm/4203994809.html

$1100
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/vgm/4206523003.html

There's about 10 people selling them for $1000 or more. And wayyy more people selling them in the 700 ballpark. Why the FUCK would someone pay 1500 when they could pay 700?? These people are idiots. Where do they get off?

you have it all wrong, its the idiots that buy them is the problem

Bender1

Banned

This. If everyone bought only one then the desperate people would have one. Instead dicks buy more than one and create a shadow market. BUT the idiots that fall for it then run the prices up. Don't also forget the manufactures LOVE this because it builds hype. In about two weeks they will flood the market to make sure everyone gets one for Christmas but that it still SEEMS like a shortage.

Marketing baby.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
This. If everyone bought only one then the desperate people would have one. Instead dicks buy more than one and create a shadow market. BUT the idiots that fall for it then run the prices up. Don't also forget the manufactures LOVE this because it builds hype. In about two weeks they will flood the market to make sure everyone gets one for Christmas but that it still SEEMS like a shortage.

Marketing baby.

nailed it..:thumbsup:

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!

No.

Like I implied earlier, I don't think there's anything wrong with making a quick profit. Especially because some people don't want to camp out and jump through hoops to get something on release day, plus if they're willing to pay a premium, then it's fine.

But to ask for $1,500 dollars is just bad business. It's not competitive. Especially when you see how many other units are out there for sale at less than half of what you're asking for. But the worst part is that the ones who ask for this much are just advertising how fucking stupid they are.

$680? Just right.
$1500? Kill yourself.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
No.

Like I implied earlier, I don't think there's anything wrong with making a quick profit. Especially because some people don't want to camp out and jump through hoops to get something on release day, plus if they're willing to pay a premium, then it's fine.

But to ask for $1,500 dollars is just bad business. It's not competitive. Especially when you see how many other units are out there for sale at less than half of what you're asking for. But the worst part is that the ones who ask for this much are just advertising how fucking stupid they are.

$680? Just right.
$1500? Kill yourself.

No!

I think you're getting it wrong still...but oh well

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
No!

I think you're getting it wrong still...but oh well

So you think asking for $1,500 is a good strategy when 30+ other sellers are asking for a mere $700? You really think some doctor or some software engineer for google is gonna see that Craigslist ad and say to himself "I could go with the 700 dollar one, but na, I'll pay 1500 instead"??

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
So you think asking for $1,500 is a good strategy when 30+ other sellers are asking for a mere $700? You really think some doctor or some software engineer for google is gonna see that Craigslist ad and say to himself "I could go with the 700 dollar one, but na, I'll pay 1500 instead"??

Do i think so? I know so...it wont happen every case, but that xbox1 will probably sell at 1g....

Asking for the price is not the bad thing (shitty yes), but the true problem and what creates the issue is the people paying the price for it...

The consumer the one purchasing is causing the harm in making it final and paying the price....someone could post one up for 5K and if people are buying them at the price people are going to pos them for that price....if people are not paying 800-900 dollars for them the price will fall...back to what people will pay for them... Must be a golden state thing

Its simple but you dont seem to get that...

RGGTI41510

Ready to race!
Ain't nobody paying no 1500 for that shit. Period.

He's either gonna feel stupid and eventually lower the price. Or stubbornly hold on to it until more of them are release and there is no market left for him to sell. Then he'll end up having to go back to target and return it, buy a bunch of heroin and overdose on Black Friday in his grandmothers basement.

I only posted here to share what an idiot this dude is. If you think he's got good business brains, that's cool with me. But I'm not wrong.