GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xenon LED light w/fog coding problem

XZT123

Ready to race!
I had a friend with VAGCOM help me code for my LED tails. I have an Autobahn with Xenons.. and the OEM LED tails with rear fog.

ECS Tuning says:

"09 Central electrics module, enter 07 coding, change Byte 18 over to bit 15"

Just a note ECS... I'm a software developer and this makes no sense whatsoever. You cannot change a "byte" to a "bit" and a bit cannot have the value 15. It sounds like you need to change the Byte to value 15. However, it is unclear if this is Hexadecimal 0x15 or Decimal 15. They should fix that.

I won't find it, but there was another thread that said code to 21 if you have halogens, else for xenons code to.. and I believe it said something like "18, 15" (it gave two values!) which makes little sense.

This thread is much clearer. "http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4898893-LED-tail-Install-with-or-without-Rear-Fog" and I did not see that before.

However, this is what we did.. we coded it to 15 just like the thread says. All my lights work but the rear foglight doesn't light up. The parking lights, everything else works, but no rear fog?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Byte 18 --> 04

Never mind that - I thought you had LED DRLs for some reason.

Anyway. Did you put the car into reverse and see what lights come on? I remember if you code it "wrong", it will put both lights on and one will be white and one will be red.

Also, did you wire the trigger wires?

XZT123

Ready to race!
I wired the trigger wire, and I've already had 1 person tell me my driver side reverse light is "out" when in fact I believe that is normal for having a rear fog... when I turn the switch on it doesn't light (when I pull it out 2 clicks)

There are no errors. And like you said I do not have LED DRLs

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Code it to Xenons + LED Tails WITHOUT fogs and try to put it into reverse. This will give you errors probably, but try it to see if the bulbs work. If they do not work, either re-seat the wires to that side (might be a loose connector) or the bulb is actually dead.

XZT123

Ready to race!
That's a good idea, I'll have to wait till Monday though until I get to someone with vagcom.