GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM LED ((Style)) headlights by ED [Reviewed]

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
got the lights today, i will work on the LED DRL tonight, and will start wiring the leveling system also with the factory switch.

i will update as i can later tonight.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
OK, LED as DRL does work. It will take some coding in Vag-Com to make it work though.

DRL should be left on, then code DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS AS POSITION LIGHTS
then code LED MODULE INSTALLED this is byte 24 and byte 27 (Byte 24 to E4, byte 27 to 24).

I did not have to change byte 18 at all.

This is using the stock headlight switch also. So just the lights and some vag-com took care of it. Also of note, when you turn the lights on, these LED's will go out. Not really an issue though, as the low beams wash out the LED light when viewing at night.

I am gathering allthe required info for the motorization control now. Then i will add the AUTO euro switch, and im going to order a regular euro switch and see where the differences lie. I dont know if i really like the AUTO one. I played with it and its a big MEHHHHH it works, but i am not running any light sensor.

The plug on the lights have the motors prewired, i did verify the pins last night. There are 3 pins that inside the light are Black, Blue, and Brown. Most likely a power and ground, and a control line. I will need to find a euro wiring diagram to figure out the pin arrangement at the CECM to make it plug and play.

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
OK, LED as DRL does work. It will take some coding in Vag-Com to make it work though.

DRL should be left on, then code DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS AS POSITION LIGHTS
then code LED MODULE INSTALLED this is byte 24 and byte 27 (Byte 24 to E4, byte 27 to 24).

I did not have to change byte 18 at all.

This is using the stock headlight switch also. So just the lights and some vag-com took care of it. Also of note, when you turn the lights on, these LED's will go out. Not really an issue though, as the low beams wash out the LED light when viewing at night.

I am gathering allthe required info for the motorization control now. Then i will add the AUTO euro switch, and im going to order a regular euro switch and see where the differences lie. I dont know if i really like the AUTO one. I played with it and its a big MEHHHHH it works, but i am not running any light sensor.

The plug on the lights have the motors prewired, i did verify the pins last night. There are 3 pins that inside the light are Black, Blue, and Brown. Most likely a power and ground, and a control line. I will need to find a euro wiring diagram to figure out the pin arrangement at the CECM to make it plug and play.

These are lots of good information and you probably should put them all together in one thread for everyone's use. You information is much appreciated. Now that you are talking about it, I may get the leveling switch too.

Thanks

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i will at some point put everything together, i am keeping notes also on different codings in the car. First thing to do is find the wiring for the factory motorization, which i did fin, but has one wire to the cecm and one wire to a XENON control unit. Which i think is wrong. But i will find out shortly, back to work!!!

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
also of note, i coded the car for XENON lights with Shutter and made the light voltages inactive.

more on those later, as i have some testing to do with those.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
how do you manually adjust the headlights in the mk6s.. can someone put a picture up, on where i find the leveller. thx

you can get the adjustment switch from ed for the lights, i havent started running wires for that just yet. I need to make sure these are controllable from it first. Working on that later tonight and tomorrow.

elro

Passed Driver's Ed
That's great work Jason and thank you for the information that you're providing us. I don't know how others feel, but I'm glad that you've got these lights in your hands and with your skill and knowledge you'll unwrap their secrets so others will benefit.

Thank you.
Ron

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
as it is coded right now, i added the euro switch and trigger wire today. So when you turn the parking lights one, the LED do go out. So the only advantage at this point is to be able to turn on the fog lights.

Now the question is to go back and recode it to DRL off and go back to normal parking lights that will now just light the LED and if i want, the fog lights. I will recode that here in a few. Lots of notes to make thats for sure, so many variables to account for. lol

As a note i am using the AUTO euro switch also. Why i chose the auto one is that is was cheaper than the regular euro one without the AUTO. I was going to do the rain sensor mod, but after i saw the other post with the module you can get with the light sensor, i put that on hold. :)
Also of note if i leave the switch in AUTO right now, it shuts everyting down with ignition off and brings everything back on with ignition on. Also fog lights can not be operated while in AUTO mode. just a side note on that.

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
I really appreciate all this information.
Is there a way to have LED on our DRL and on Auto as well?
One more questions. How would the trigger wire help the situation?or what is it for?
as it is coded right now, i added the euro switch and trigger wire today. So when you turn the parking lights one, the LED do go out. So the only advantage at this point is to be able to turn on the fog lights.

Now the question is to go back and recode it to DRL off and go back to normal parking lights that will now just light the LED and if i want, the fog lights. I will recode that here in a few. Lots of notes to make thats for sure, so many variables to account for. lol

As a note i am using the AUTO euro switch also. Why i chose the auto one is that is was cheaper than the regular euro one without the AUTO. I was going to do the rain sensor mod, but after i saw the other post with the module you can get with the light sensor, i put that on hold. :)
Also of note if i leave the switch in AUTO right now, it shuts everyting down with ignition off and brings everything back on with ignition on. Also fog lights can not be operated while in AUTO mode. just a side note on that.

master_d

I really appreciate all this information.
Is there a way to have LED on our DRL and on Auto as well?
One more questions. How would the trigger wire help the situation?or what is it for?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the trigger wire is for the rear foglight (if you have one)

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the trigger wire is for the rear foglight (if you have one)

Yes, I remember that I needed two sets of Trigger wires for the front and back. Back for the rear fog light and front I am not sure....

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Heatcoreboy, I noticed on your headlight switch you have the ability to adjust the headlights up/down, which cars have that functionality? I don't believe I've seen that before on any car.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
ok recoded back to original settings, DRL off and leds as parking lights. With the EURO switch, in parking light mode the LED's are on, and then you can run fog lights too. Without them coded this way, when you go to parking lights, there is nothing on but the corner lights in the bumper. When you run the LEDs as DRL as i was before, the corner lights in the bumper run at full intensity along with the LED. Then the LED goes off with parking lights, and the corner lights go dimmer. Im gonna have to make some more notes on coding, i have stored damn near 20 different files today.......back to shop in a bit to do some more tweaking.