GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

A_Bowers

if he's on coilovers why does it matter. stock suspension isn't best for handling either but all he has to do is raise it up when he goes to the track.

That's such a misguided statement. If he's friends with good ole Connor one can bet he's not tracking the car.....its a street driven vehicle. And what on earth would possess you to be constantly raising and lowering your car with the dang spring perches all the time. That is too.much work and too.time consuming to do on a regular basis.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
if he's on coilovers why does it matter. stock suspension isn't best for handling either but all he has to do is raise it up when he goes to the track.

Being on coilovers doesnt mean crap. Its not an "instant gratification" for cornering dynamics. If anything, he's relying on stiff rates and crap damping to pull him through the corners and give him the idea that he's done the right thing.

I've been on 4 different suspension setups. And Coils were by far one of the worst handling setups mostly due to the fact I did not set it up properly. Call me the Plac of suspensions.

You mention stock suspension isnt the best for handling.....So, design engineers that manfuacture the car, do not know what the they're doing? Its the BEST for what is given. There are many improvements to expound upon, but certainly North America's ride height standard screws all suspension designs up due to the increased height.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Being on coilovers doesnt mean crap. Its not an "instant gratification" for cornering dynamics. If anything, he's relying on stiff rates and crap damping to pull him through the corners and give him the idea that he's done the right thing.

I've been on 4 different suspension setups. And Coils were by far one of the worst handling setups mostly due to the fact I did not set it up properly. Call me the Plac of suspensions.

You mention stock suspension isnt the best for handling.....So, design engineers that manfuacture the car, do not know what the they're doing? Its the BEST for what is given. There are many improvements to expound upon, but certainly North America's ride height standard screws all suspension designs up due to the increased height.

DG springs, stock everything else :w00t:

A_Bowers

Totally agree. Did that with my acura. Springs then cheap coilovers and then finally settled on the mugen SS. Matched springs and dampers. Perfect setup. Ride height was only dropped about an inch.

SUPER LOW doesn't mean better handling.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
My Perfect DD Setup:
DG/VWR Springs
OEM Dampers or Ohlin FGV dampers
Sways
XB, RB, UB
S3 or TT Control Arm Mounts
Full Mounts (Engine Trans Dogbone)
Tires
TT Strut Bearings
Lightweight wheels
Tyrol Collar Kit

Perfect Overall Track setup
Ohlin FGV Coils or VWR
Sways
XB, UB, RB
Tyrol Collar Kit (Front and Rear)
TTRS Knuckles
Passat LCAs
Super Pro Eccentric CA Mounts
Weight Loss
Lightweight Wheels
BBK VWR or Stoptech
Mounts
Tires

A_Bowers

My Perfect DD Setup:
DG/VWR Springs
OEM Dampers or Ohlin FGV dampers
Sways
XB, RB, UB
S3 or TT Control Arm Mounts
Full Mounts (Engine Trans Dogbone)
Tires
TT Strut Bearings
Lightweight wheels
Tyrol Collar Kit

Perfect Overall Track setup
Ohlin FGV Coils or VWR
Sways
XB, UB, RB
Tyrol Collar Kit (Front and Rear)
TTRS Knuckles
Passat LCAs
Super Pro Eccentric CA Mounts
Weight Loss
Lightweight Wheels
BBK VWR or Stoptech
Mounts
Tires

Only missing 4or so out of the perfect DD setup.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Quite honestly, I might have to change my APR sway in the rear to be set on SOFT when I get my XB. I might not have enough damping.

flygti2013

Ready to race!
did nothing to the mk6 today.... but i traded the wife's prius V in for a 2012 turbo beetle, reef blue, 19's, bixenon LED headlights... no GTI or R but its not a prius!!!

any pointers on taking the decals off that are on the base of the door? they are white and say turbo...... heat gun, goo gone, razor blade and time?

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
did nothing to the mk6 today.... but i traded the wife's prius V in for a 2012 turbo beetle, reef blue, 19's, bixenon LED headlights... no GTI or R but its not a prius!!!

any pointers on taking the decals off that are on the base of the door? they are white and say turbo...... heat gun, goo gone, razor blade and time?

If they're anything like the decals that were on my motorcycle, a heat gun and goo gone should do the trick. I just would soak it, heat it up (repeat as you think necessary), and they peeled right off. Then goo goned the residue.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

Cool car! I'd use a little heat, Peel then clean up with GooGone...

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
Bowers, we are 17. We don't give a shit about cornering and physics and what not. We are not "OLD". We care more about the looks then anything. Especially when you are balling on a budget. You always have to have a comeback on something about i have said. Its truly annoying. When i came to this forum, you were cool. You helped me learn and understand more. But now its just like blah blah blah, you do not know what your talking about, stupid kid. Can you just sit there and be like, Hey man, nice car! looks good! not go on a riot about how wrong we are. Again, we are 17. Looks mean more. Thanks Though, But its our car, not yours. If you dont like it, dont comment.