GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #29
eldiablo
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Hebridean Dance interior
Nicely done! Made my day to watch you reel him in and then pull away.

My Journal
eldiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #30
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Sooo jelly of laguna. Man what a fun drive that looks like.

But I have to agree with those who say he wasn't trying. A lot of drivers just don't push it too hard. I passed a C63 AMG when I was bone stock. Off vid, I passed an E36 and E92 M3, Charger R/T (though I think I would have passed that boat anyways) and a modded Evo 9 when I was stage 1 100 oct. These cars really hold their own on the track though, that's for sure.

FF to 7:00

XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #31
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 15 Audi S3/'15 Audi S4/'15 328dx SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
Sooo jelly of laguna. Man what a fun drive that looks like.

But I have to agree with those who say he wasn't trying. A lot of drivers just don't push it too hard.
Dude, it was an AMAZING drive. I still think about it everyday LOL

And hey, stop raining on my parade....he was trying hard enough :P LMAO
2015 Alpine White BMW 328dX Touring M-Sport
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #32
Bruno2000
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr red
Awesome!

I want to try this track so much ! one of me favorite in Gt5 :P im SOO jealous !

You did great against this Shelby, I don't know if a pro pilot would had offered a tougher challenge perhaps :P The Shelby is a serious car but against some very nice drive skills and a good stage 2 setup with some SLICK tires ; I would really think that the guy really tried, no doubt about it dude !

Do you know what could be your best lap time on this track if u once timed it? im very curious about it if u could share it please.
2010 RED GTI, 2-doors, MT, APR Stage2 v1.2, B&B Turboback, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio intake Stage1&2, STD Coilovers R1, H&R R-swaybar, BSH full mounts kit, Whiteline bushings, Forge short shifter kit, Front-Brakes stage3, Unibrace UB, XB, Michelin PSS, O.Z. Black Ultraleggera ESP OFF!
Bruno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #33
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno2000 View Post
Awesome!

Do you know what could be your best lap time on this track if u once timed it? im very curious about it if u could share it please.
Not 100% sure, no official timing for regular groups, The only way to tell is to check the time stamp on the video, but the Shelby was holding me back on the corners, had to check up to keep from bump drafting.

I can check some other footage I have of me in the open I guess.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #34
RoyB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2015 Golf
I'd say that was a case of someone not wanting to wreck their car or not having the skills to push it. His lines are horrible. Last time I raced my SRT8 magnum I took out a lot of cars I shouldn't have- 2003 M3s, C5s, etc. I pushed the car to the limits while other drivers just "lacked" the skills to do that to their own cars. Nice run none the less!
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #35
Bruno2000
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Not 100% sure, no official timing for regular groups, The only way to tell is to check the time stamp on the video, but the Shelby was holding me back on the corners, had to check up to keep from bump drafting.

I can check some other footage I have of me in the open I guess.
I don't know if u are familiar with Android apps; Get RaceChrono app, this is the best app to get your laps times. Im using it myself and it works flawless, it working with GPS and its very accurate.

So you will have to go back to Laguna Seca to give me an answer, poor of you.
2010 RED GTI, 2-doors, MT, APR Stage2 v1.2, B&B Turboback, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio intake Stage1&2, STD Coilovers R1, H&R R-swaybar, BSH full mounts kit, Whiteline bushings, Forge short shifter kit, Front-Brakes stage3, Unibrace UB, XB, Michelin PSS, O.Z. Black Ultraleggera ESP OFF!
Bruno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #36
Thumper
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno2000 View Post
I don't know if u are familiar with Android apps; Get RaceChrono app, this is the best app to get your laps times. Im using it myself and it works flawless, it working with GPS and its very accurate.

So you will have to go back to Laguna Seca to give me an answer, poor of you.
I am a hardcore Android user, lap times just have not been a strong focus of mine.

As to Laguna, sadly, I am moving out of state and while I hope to be able to make Laguna an annual event I do at least once a year, it may not work out that way.