GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 01-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #57
beantown53
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 VW GTI Autobahn
The white stripes do not move me at all. In my opinion, the black looks better. Either black or stock.
beantown53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #58
corydd
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW GTI DSG Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlody91 View Post
I wanna do yellow just to match the fogs but not sure how it would look like with bronze or a sunken treasure wheel.
I totally want to do my calipers in yellow. The only thing that's really stopping me is the fact that it would be a pain if I ever have to put the car back to stock.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #59
2013R
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Might as well throw my black stripes in this thread.

2013R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #60
Nalaub
Ready to race!

Drives: 2013 GTI Driver's Edition DSG CSG
^---- Looks great (would be PERFECT with color matched side markers). Plastidip or pinstripe tape?
Nalaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #61
2013R
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalaub View Post
^---- Looks great (would be PERFECT with color matched side markers). Plastidip or pinstripe tape?
another thread shows my new clear markers. not plasti-dip OR tape.. spray paint.
2013R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:18 AM   #62
booey1979
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 gti cw mt
If I saw only one stripe on an mk6 I would think, oh someone stole the top part that sucks. And don't do the stripe on the headlight, really dumb idea vw.
booey1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:14 AM   #63
budahbuddy803
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2014 GTI MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydd View Post
I just used plastdip for mine, turned out great. I didn't even remove the stripe pieces from the grill. Just make sure you put at least 4 layers on or it won't peel very well.

Im working on an all black/white scheme on mine. Whered you find the black center caps for your wheels? Also, are those the Watkins Glen wheels powder coated?
budahbuddy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #64
budahbuddy803
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2014 GTI MK6
Hey man, whered you get your black center caps for your wheels? Also, are those the Watkins Glenn wheels powder coated? Have you painted your calipers black?

I recently purchased a 14 candy white 4 door and Im going to go with a black/white color scheme. Ive removed all badges with plans to powder coat my Watkins glen wheels, black or white center caps, tint/paint the bumper reflectors black, new black tail lights, black side mirror covers, white emblem inlay on the back. After all that Ill probably paint the calipers.
as well.

Im looking to start cheap with center caps and the things I can paint, but I want to make sure I get the correct center caps.
budahbuddy803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #65
corydd
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW GTI DSG Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by budahbuddy803 View Post
Hey man, whered you get your black center caps for your wheels? Also, are those the Watkins Glenn wheels powder coated? Have you painted your calipers black?

I recently purchased a 14 candy white 4 door and Im going to go with a black/white color scheme. Ive removed all badges with plans to powder coat my Watkins glen wheels, black or white center caps, tint/paint the bumper reflectors black, new black tail lights, black side mirror covers, white emblem inlay on the back. After all that Ill probably paint the calipers.
as well.

Im looking to start cheap with center caps and the things I can paint, but I want to make sure I get the correct center caps.
Those are actually just the stock center caps that came on my Detroit wheels.

And no, those were VMR V710's in factory matte black. I didn't ever end up painting my calipers - they were always red.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #66
jeffers

Drives: 2012 VW Golf VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlody91 View Post
I wanna do yellow just to match the fogs but not sure how it would look like with bronze or a sunken treasure wheel.
I thought of painting those strips yellow. Actually there are 2 things I wanted to do - 1) sticking some yellow film onto my headlights to match foglights, 2) painting my grille strips yellow.

I am still not sure about the badge, so I did two versions of design (for now, only in paint, haha).
The original pic was taken from here (see the 3rd row, in the middle - https://www.carid.com/gallery/volkswagen/), that's not my Golf.
So, need your opinions, please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 303030.JPG (94.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 3030301.jpg (95.1 KB, 19 views)
jeffers is offline   Reply With Quote