GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1 week old already have 3 different lights on my dash

GTI6891

I purchased a used 2013 mk6 gti less then a week ago. During this week I had 3 different lights come on 1. Check engine P2015, 2. Low tire pressure and 3. Front left light bulb (all lights are working properly) I cleared all the codes and everything went away except for the light bulb light.... My question is do you think I should try and return or exchange the car? It hasn’t even been a week and I’m already having all these problems which really worries me. The car has 50k miles. I’m assuming I’m most likely going to have to also change the intake manifold (hoping that check engine light doesn’t come back) Do you think I should try and return or exchange the vehicle? or are these all just common problems that will need to eventually be addressed anyway?

Uberryan

Banned
I purchased a used 2013 mk6 gti less then a week ago. During this week I had 3 different lights come on 1. Check engine P2015, 2. Low tire pressure and 3. Front left light bulb (all lights are working properly) I cleared all the codes and everything went away except for the light bulb light.... My question is do you think I should try and return or exchange the car? It hasn’t even been a week and I’m already having all these problems which really worries me. The car has 50k miles. I’m assuming I’m most likely going to have to also change the intake manifold (hoping that check engine light doesn’t come back) Do you think I should try and return or exchange the vehicle? or are these all just common problems that will need to eventually be addressed anyway?

Front left headlight, or turn signal? If it's just a bulb, replace it, no big deal. Your call though. All boils down to what bulbs and housings are being used. If they're LEDs in Halogen housings, they might be low quality and not draw enough current to trip the computer to acknowledging it's functioning fine. Tire pressure... that's pretty self explanatory and needs to be checked when we have cold snaps down here. Extreme hot/cold fluctuations decrease tire pressure.

As for the engine code, it's the intake manifold. There's an extended warranty on those I believe. Take it to the dealer. None of this is serious by any means.

vracerw

Passed Driver's Ed
#1 P2015 code for the intake manifold should be covered by the dealership as the warranty for that part was extended to 120k miles. Just double check with the dealer since yours is a '13 model. My 2012 beetle was replaced a month ago under warranty. It also could be caused by carbon build up. i would venture to say at 50k a carbon cleaning hasn't been done and probably should be done. sadly this is not a warranty item and just something that has to be sucked up by the owner. I paid $300 to have mine cleaned since they were in there anyway replacing the manifold.

#2 did you at least check the tire pressure, the light will trigger at around 5psi loss. while they all may look round and proper it is hard to tell this difference by sight. could have a small leak due to a foreign object.

#3 just change the bulbs, a couple dollar part.

Was this purchased from a dealer or a joes used car lot. this will only make a difference for a resolution to #1. joes used car lot may not honor any repair since the car is was probably sold as is unless you have a warranty from them. Nothing here is really worth trying to give back the car. most are simple fixes and even doing the manifold yourself isnt all that difficult just check out the dyi section.

GTI6891

#1 P2015 I called the dealership and gave them my VIN. My car is NOT covered under warranty. Told me its 4 hours of labor and going to cost $600+ I cleared the code last night and it has not come back since. The car seems to drive fine just has me worried... I guess ill just wait and see if it comes back :iono:

#2 Tire pressure light came on on the way home. I checked the tires everything seemed okay. I reset the tire pressure light and it hasn't came back since. No big deal

#3 Light bulb light is on. Car says left bottom light is out. How ever all my lights are working properly including my turn signals and fog lights. Maybe its just a sensor?

The biggest thing that worries me is the check engine light. I just purchased the car and dont really want to fork out any money on replacing the intake manifold already. I really do love the car but damn this is very frustrating.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
#1 P2015 I called the dealership and gave them my VIN. My car is NOT covered under warranty. Told me its 4 hours of labor and going to cost $600+ I cleared the code last night and it has not come back since. The car seems to drive fine just has me worried... I guess ill just wait and see if it comes back :iono:

#2 Tire pressure light came on on the way home. I checked the tires everything seemed okay. I reset the tire pressure light and it hasn't came back since. No big deal

#3 Light bulb light is on. Car says left bottom light is out. How ever all my lights are working properly including my turn signals and fog lights. Maybe its just a sensor?

The biggest thing that worries me is the check engine light. I just purchased the car and dont really want to fork out any money on replacing the intake manifold already. I really do love the car but damn this is very frustrating.

Call a different dealer. That code is covered until 120k miles....

Uberryan

Banned
If the dealers refuse, go to vw.com and put your vin into the recall checker, if all else, just message VWOA and let them know you have a 2013 with this many miles and need to know how they plan to cover the cost of a known defective part, etc.

GTI6891

If the dealers refuse, go to vw.com and put your vin into the recall checker, if all else, just message VWOA and let them know you have a 2013 with this many miles and need to know how they plan to cover the cost of a known defective part, etc.

I checked my VIN on the VW website with no luck. I called another dealership who told me the same thing. The vin from my 2013 mk6 GTI IS NOT covered under warranty. The 2nd dealership quoted me about $1000 in total for parts, labor and carbon cleaning with tax included. I will try to message VWOA.

The dealership I purchased it from said they could help pay for the repair. Im thinking for that amount ill just go after market IE intake manifold... Maybe even just do the r8 coils, new NGK spark plugs and PCV while im at it...That should hopefully have her running with no problems. Thoughts?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If you have to pay for it I wouldn't even let the dealer work on it and I'd get a quote from an indie shop, but that's just me. The only time you'll see me at the dealer is when I'm car shopping.

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
Check your F16 fuse in the engine bay, they are known to cause false light bulb out errors if they fail

andrewd

Some of them aren’t covered under warranty unfortunately, I just had mine replaced with a carbon cleaning for about $750 pre-tax at a local independent. Look for a good indie shop and it would be wise to do plugs, coils, and pcv while you are at it.

davemanh2o

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a new revision of the intake manifold out. Haven't heard any problems with that yet. I just installed one a few weeks ago.

I think you need a tune to run the IE? Or it has to at least has be coded since it doesn't have the runner flap.