GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mass Airflow Sensor Issue

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
smoke system?

Seen people do the DIY boost leak test. I unplugged my maf and still same thing. Boost leak somewhere. I can hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Having the same issue with the stupid Carbonio, fast shift 3-4 at High RPM (>4500rpm) and boom! Limp Mode (P0234). Had this over and over again.

Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IjGTeEqYE

Did a complete boost leak test, put on Stock TOP and DV (was running neuspeed+DV+) all clear, no leaks, but same symptoms persist.

Did a few test runs with the car after unplugging the MAF and voila, no overboost code.

This has definitely got something to do with the Carbonio Stage 1. What I feel is that the intake is getting pressurized at high speeds causing erratic MAF readings, leading to overboost. I logged lower than usual MAF readings at that RPM range, in 4th.

I'm going to clean the filter tomorrow and put a few spacers between the joint between the filter mount and the Carbonio shroud to see if it will help release the pressure buildup.

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Having the same issue with the stupid Carbonio, fast shift 3-4 at High RPM (>4500rpm) and boom! Limp Mode (P0234). Had this over and over again.

Did a complete boost leak test, put on Stock TOP and DV (was running neuspeed+DV+) all clear, no leaks, but same symptoms persist.

Did a few test runs with the car after unplugging the MAF and voila, no overboost code.

This has definitely got something to do with the Carbonio Stage 1. What I feel is that the intake is getting pressurized at high speeds causing erratic MAF readings, leading to overboost. I logged lower than usual MAF readings at that RPM range, in 4th.

I'm going to clean the filter tomorrow and put a few spacers between the joint between the filter mount and the Carbonio shroud to see if it will help release the pressure buildup.

any update on this?

To clean the maf do you need to remove the star bolts or just spray in the small inlet at housing?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Got to remove the bolts. Toss the sensor in a plastic bag, submerge it halfway in MAF cleaner, grab it by the connector header and shake the sensor in the fluid. Let dry for 10 minutes before plugging it back in.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Fwiw, my torx drivers can still torque those screws even though they're "security" bolts.

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Got to remove the bolts. Toss the sensor in a plastic bag, submerge it halfway in MAF cleaner, grab it by the connector header and shake the sensor in the fluid. Let dry for 10 minutes before plugging it back in.

Thanks man. I ended up spraying the shit out of it and letting it dry for a couple hours. Will start it up in the morning and update my status of the boost leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wideopentuning

Ready to race!
Check and make sure there isnt rogue piece of masking tape or loose flap of fiberglass in the intake just post filter. I saw that once and it would only flutter around at certain times causing some strange issues. The masking tape was from manufacturing and had ended up getting painted over so it wasn't very obvious.

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!

Had the same issue.. turned out to be the MAP sensor. OEM is 2.5bar, but with tune + K04 i was hitting the limit and going into limp mode.

Get a 3Bar sensor and remap file.