GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US Golf R Review (Motor Trend)

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
See, I was afraid of this. Should've used the sarcasm font.

Sugarhill, I was agreeing with you. Tongue in cheek and all. Sorry the joke didn't take and upset you. No offense meant, really.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Its funny - i thought when i subscribed to this Forum that I would be talking to owners of GOLF R's about their new cars, likes and dislikes and maybe even talk about some cool mods for the car. Instead I see 13 pages of drivel from Wankers, Whiners and wannabes who dont even own a GOLF R. Do I really need you "STEVENCHKIM" to tell me that I should have bought something else? I wanted a fun daily driver with all-wheel drive, 4 doors and a 6 speed manual because Ive been putting too many miles on my Porsche 911 Turbo.

This whole forum is pretty pathetic. I chat on plenty of the Porsche Forums and u rarely, if EVER, find a fellow Porsche owner putting down another owner over his purchase decision.

In your pathetic little mind I very well may be "illogical" but after reading a handful of your posts to other members at least i'm not a douche bag wannabe.. by the way - hows the torque steer on your 500 HP GTI?

I have much better things to do - ill be logging off now.

haha^... WINNING.

In all honesty though, if you want more stroking of eachother over this car, go to www.vwvortex.com and check out their R section. I do agree on the pcar forums, but that is a totally different crowd, age (most of the time), and cars.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Honestly it's just one or two GTI owners coming here to trash the R or saying it's a mistake buying one. The majority seem to agree it's a good car. I'd bet most of the GTI owners on this board are thinking about buying one and just weighing the pros/cons out loud.

SugarHill1

See, I was afraid of this. Should've used the sarcasm font.

Sugarhill, I was agreeing with you. Tongue in cheek and all. Sorry the joke didn't take and upset you. No offense meant, really.

Apologies if I lashed out at the wrong person. I guess the sarcasm escaped me.

Does anybody know of a Forum where VW owners talk like civil people to one another about their cars? I would love to get some good feedback about APR stage 1 for my new Golf R without all the bullshit GTI chatter. If i wanted a GTI I would have bought one OR 2 for that matter - 1 in 6 speed and 1 in DSG.

Also would not mind talking stereo upgrades as well but this current thread seems like to wrong place to have an intelligent conversation.

thanks in advance..

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I already gave you that forum... www.vwvortex.com , go to the R forum. APR stage 1 will be great, no doubt.

krische

vdubber in training

Does anybody know of a Forum where VW owners talk like civil people to one another about their cars? I would love to get some good feedback about APR stage 1 for my new Golf R without all the bullshit GTI chatter. If i wanted a GTI I would have bought one OR 2 for that matter - 1 in 6 speed and 1 in DSG.

Also would not mind talking stereo upgrades as well but this current thread seems like to wrong place to have an intelligent conversation.

thanks in advance..

Have you tried creating a thread in this section asking about APR Stage 1 for the R?

Halvie

WOOSA

thanks in advance..

I would personally suggest 3. Seems you could use another one for your ego.

Last edited:

SugarHill1

I would personally suggest 3. Seems you could use another one for your ego.

This was exactly my point about some (not all) of the people on this tread - do you have anything thoughtful or insightful to add to the chat? Do you own a GOLF R and have comments about it - i'd love to hear those.

Your responses seem to indicate that I have offended you in some way - I only made the comment to satisfy the 6 spd manual / DSG argument that we where having earlier in the tread. I was not intended to be a comment about having money or not having money (yes i saw your original comment which you clearly didn't have the balls to leave up there so you edited it) .. I can only assume that given your sensitivity to the subject that you have very little ?

balls and money..

ToddMcF2002

Passed Driver's Ed
This forum lacks moderation and the GTI folks have simply trashed it. Vortex is better, but not perfect.

Rennlist and 6speedonline are great.

Halvie

WOOSA
balls and money..

Not offended. Amused.

More money than balls, but alright on both ends.

If you can't take negative comments about the car move a long to another forum please.

What was the original response? Something about the 911, right? Sure proving that stereotype to be true, hey?

ToddMcF2002

Passed Driver's Ed
Negative comments? That's all this forum is. Its too bad GTI owner don't spend more time in the ... I don't know... GTI Forum?

randy915

Ready to race!
The R should be a beast after some APR mods but as a stock vehicle it's pretty much a really expensive stage 1 GTI w/ aftermarket suspension - I'm pretty sure they'll lap the same times in most tracks.

But I'm glad I didn't wait for this R. I'm much happier having owned the MK6 GTI for nearly 2 years now and rather wait for the MK7 R to replace the GTI as my DD in about 4 years.

schwabo

Ready to race!
please feel bad for me and my golf R ... I'm crying every day I go to work as to what ELSE I could have bought with that money ...

If you have doubts, please go test drive one ... after that report if it's worth the extra $$.

Until then, you're trollin' ..

Halvie

WOOSA
The R should be a beast after some APR mods but as a stock vehicle it's pretty much a really expensive stage 1 GTI w/ aftermarket suspension - I'm pretty sure they'll lap the same times in most tracks.

But I'm glad I didn't wait for this R. I'm much happier having owned the MK6 GTI for nearly 2 years now and rather wait for the MK7 R to replace the GTI as my DD in about 4 years.

Bit more interested in the next gen cars after hearing the base s3 hatch is only ~2600 lbs. That seems ridiculously light compared to the current gen. If they don't fuck the engines up too bad both might be worth a look.