GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

~Driving LHD in a RHD country~ Hatchs' Build Thread

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!
Well today part 1 of 2 of my exhaust came in today:

Just the Cat-Back:

So shiny:

Now hopefully the DP comes in so i can install both and enjoy my stg 2!!

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised that you didn't have to get headlight washers installed as part of your "make it up to UK spec". But looking good!

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!
I'm surprised that you didn't have to get headlight washers installed as part of your "make it up to UK spec". But looking good!

Yea it was something i was looking into because a law in the UK is that if your headlights are a certain lumen level they are required to have cleaners. As i have xenons i thought i would fall under that category. But the only thing that ended up being required was a rear fog. Sadly the people who did it kind of ghetto rigged it. So when i get the LED tails ill have to tackle that tail light wiring; hopefully its not as bad as i'm thinking it may be.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
When does your car go in for its first MOT?

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!
When does your car go in for its first MOT?

not quite sure,i did my SVA in jan. so my MOT should be due in jan as well? dude to be honest i totally forgot how it worked........ However not sure if ill pass with the new High flow cat on APRs TBE...... Then again i doubt it would be hard to find someone willing to pass it especially around the base.

CrzyP

Ready to race!
I had a 3 in GHL DP on my mk4 with APR software and I passed. Make sure you have that test pipe/cat delete file so you won't throw any codes. I did all my MOTs at Mildenhall Tyre & Auto. I recommend those guys in the future.

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
Yea it was something i was looking into because a law in the UK is that if your headlights are a certain lumen level they are required to have cleaners. As i have xenons i thought i would fall under that category. But the only thing that ended up being required was a rear fog. Sadly the people who did it kind of ghetto rigged it. So when i get the LED tails ill have to tackle that tail light wiring; hopefully its not as bad as i'm thinking it may be.

I think all it involves is moving some CECM pins around and coding. I wish I would have gotten the rear fog tails.

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!
Well finally got my TBE in and went to install it, unfortunately i broke a stud off the turbo (sheared.) ordered 4 new studs (just in case.).

On another note went to Santa Pod Raceway today for GTI Fest, didnt actually take any pictures there was too caught up with the 1/4 track. Did however take a few pics after i had gotten back. Enjoy:

Exhaust is still off a tad, but ran out of time with my helper when i was installing it. Will be fixing it proper this comming up weekend when i replace the stud.

HatchFanatic06

Ready to race!
You should swap out your plates to the Euro size

I thought about it but my front doesn't have any holes and i wanna keep it that way haha.

Great mods :w00t:.. I take a seat :thumbsup:

thank you kind sir.

*Update 10/27/2011*

So if its not one thing its another, I either have my car with parts in the post, or i have the parts and no car haha. Pick my car up tomorrow from the body shop but these little toys came in the mail today:

p3 boost gauge :happyanim:

and

Forge DV spacer. I realize people either hate it or love it, personally i can't hear my turbo as much with the new exhaust (which i love). But i just want to be reminded that theres a turbo in there; other then the fact that the car pulls like a beast haha. We'll see how i like it after i install tomorrow.

As for what's next I'm torn, any suggestions? Looking at:

Southbend silent stg 3 daily clutch
APR intercooler
Wheels (Tarmacs)
Golf-R tails

I'm big on cosmetics but i've made the choice to start saving for stage 3. So i'm leaning more towards starting to get the last two supporting mods i need (at a minimum.) instead of getting the cosmetics.

Will also include videos tomorrow of the boost gauge and dv spacer in action.

-Sean

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
good stuff dude. We need to get together sometime and do a APR vs GIAC run ;) :lol: Does that gauge require a boost tap or is it all ODBII?

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! I can't wait to see it in action man.

VWGTI2011

Passed Driver's Ed
Well finally got my TBE in and went to install it, unfortunately i broke a stud off the turbo (sheared.) ordered 4 new studs (just in case.).

On another note went to Santa Pod Raceway today for GTI Fest, didnt actually take any pictures there was too caught up with the 1/4 track. Did however take a few pics after i had gotten back. Enjoy:

Exhaust is still off a tad, but ran out of time with my helper when i was installing it. Will be fixing it proper this comming up weekend when i replace the stud.

Sweet ride dude! You ever in the norwich area? You would show all the douches up who think there gti's are quick lol!