GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR ECU Stage1 VS. R LED Tail lights

Pryme

Ready to race!
Look the Germans spend all fricken day perfecting this car in my opinion the only mods should be show, don't mess up your GTi by going stage 1

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeahhh... what??

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I did the show first. R tails have been in for about a month now, and I did special mats and yellow fogs a few thousand miles ago. Intake is shipping from BSH right now, and sometime before christmas I'm planning on getting REVO stage 1. :)

crappy phone pictures are crappy, I know.

NICE! I plan do to get them on my UG in the spring. Those are the tinted ones, right?

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Get APR Stage 1 Flash then buy mod parts afterward.

LED Tail is a piece of plastic with led bulbs. Too much money for that

heartcoke

Ready to race!
Look the Germans spend all fricken day perfecting this car in my opinion the only mods should be show, don't mess up your GTi by going stage 1
This would be 100% true if everyone in the world wasn't trying to make money. They HAVE to gimp the car before it hits the streets or else they won't sell any Golf R's or Audi A1/A3's. Why else would our downpipe look as LOL as it does from the factory, or why else would our cars come with airbox's instead of cone intakes from factory.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
what's a "tax return"? I'm unfamiliar with this term....:bellyroll:

haha, I claim "0" throughout the year, and have two mortgages and property taxes, so that helps tremendously. The last few years I've had pretty large returns, so its good for some mods and some bills!

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
save a little more and go for both??? j/k

however. if you want to void your warranty, go with APR Stage 1.
if you want to keep your warranty, go with LED tails

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
save a little more and go for both??? j/k

however. if you want to void your warranty, go with APR Stage 1.
if you want to keep your warranty, go with LED tails

Again, not true. Stop misinforming people if you don't have the facts. I had APR Stage 1 when I got my engine replaced. Of course I enabled the security lockout, but the point is this, having an ecu remapped doesn't mean instant warranty void. The problem would need to be caused DIRECTLY by the tune, and they have to prove it.

AAU

Ready to race!
They HAVE to gimp the car before it hits the streets or else they won't sell any Golf R's or Audi A1/A3's. Why else would our downpipe look as LOL as it does from the factory, or why else would our cars come with airbox's instead of cone intakes from factory.
Cost. There is no reason for them to intentionally cripple the car. They may have a tremendous amount of safety built in at stock power levels, but so do the Golf R/Audi's.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Again, not true. Stop misinforming people if you don't have the facts. I had APR Stage 1 when I got my engine replaced. Of course I enabled the security lockout, but the point is this, having an ecu remapped doesn't mean instant warranty void. The problem would need to be caused DIRECTLY by the tune, and they have to prove it.

The APR or other similar types of flashes are by far some of the most discreet and easily changeable flashes I've ever seen. There is no handheld, or any need to take it to a tuner - the user changes it themselves at their convenience, and can lock out the dealer as well. Seems quite nice to me...