GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Right Front Speaker Noise with High Volume

tavorh

Ready to race!
How to fix Vibration Noise on Front Speaker

Hey guys,
I am experiencing vibration noise from right front speaker on loud volume levels from the bass. The left side is perfect nothing rattles or vibrates. Any ideas on how to fix this? It is a vibrating noise from the door. I am 100% it is not a bad speaker.

Last edited:

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
You dont have anything in the door pocket that might rattle right?

Does it do it for every song you play or just a few? From the radio or a different source? I play downloaded music on my phone thru the bluetooth and if I download a lower quality song, I can hear the imperfections if I have the volume loud enough. Theres one song where I can hear a faint ticking...

zrickety

The Fixer
How are you sure it's not the speaker? You may have to take the door apart to find the rattle, maybe some loose screws or something.

simpson110

Ready to race!
i know this might sound weird, but before you take the door apart check the sunglass holder. when mine is closed it rattles like crazy and for the longest time i thought it was the passenger door area. then i asked a friend where it was coming from and he said my side lol.

but ya, worth a check before you start ripping the car apart.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I also have a vibration coming from the right door when bass hits on different songs. I doubt it is related to the source/quality of the song. I am pretty good at differentiating poor source vs true vibration/rattle.

The way I have been thinking of tackling it is to isolate the area its coming from first: listen closely to see if its the door, glove box, or seat belt area. I will need to load a song where I can reproduce the rattle consistently. Will make finding it easier.

I guess the logical next step is to start taking things apart to figure it out. I would take note of loose screws--if you find any. See if that solves it. If not, proceed. Just be methodical.

///Audience

Ready to race!
What makes you positive the speaker is not the issue? Do you have Dynaudio?

chowzer

i know this might sound weird, but before you take the door apart check the sunglass holder. when mine is closed it rattles like crazy and for the longest time i thought it was the passenger door area. then i asked a friend where it was coming from and he said my side lol.

but ya, worth a check before you start ripping the car apart.

Dynaudio and I'm experiencing similar issues.

I'll need to double check this sunglasses holder possibility.

Do you have a fix for this?

Dimpy

I had this same problem with the speaker in my driver side door, I am still covered under warranty and the dealer refused to replace the speaker. I am in the audio business and I knew that the speaker was blown, it had been that way since I bought the car. Didn't hear it until a few days later after getting the car home. I ended up getting fed up with 2 dealerships not doing anything for me and just replaced all of the front door speakers with a great kit from Focal, cost about $400 but wax well worth the upgrade, system sounds great for factory now and the rattle & buzz is gone!

Stevenryleyp

Fix for the buzzing speaker

I played around with it for about an hour and what worked for me was to actually remove the foam from the door card that is attracted to where the speaker "touches". Idk why that worked but that's what the cause for mine and its extremely strange indeed.