GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Power Module Gains up to 40HP?

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
This power module looks very interesting. Going 8 psi with anything less than 100 octane may very well lead to problems down the road. Running lean with not enough octane is the road to a rebuilt motor. Just my .02, do what works for you. :thumbsup:

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
No... modded euros tellin me u need 100 octane to run higher psi.. another forum member said he called neuspeed an they said 93 octane is good enough to use 8psi. Wish nuespeed could officially give more info

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

You can run it but with increased boost you should run more fuel. Just the nature of tuning. More boost = more fuel needed to run safely.

ChefT

Ready to race!
Reminds me of the Greddy days on my old turbo tC. For that price, why not just get a tune instead of running a piggyback?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2014GTI

Ready to race!
Ok official email reply came in for this product

91 octane is ok for street use on +5 and +8, but the higher octane will produce more power.

Regards,

Neuspeed Team

Original email
On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 4:03 AM
What are the fuel ratings requirements for +5psi vs +8psi for daily use on part 64.10.13 .

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the update 2014GTI.

Why this instead of a tune? For me it's the fact it can be removed before heading in for warranty work on the engine. Plus when one changes cars it can be sold to recover some of the cost.

wudini

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the update 2014GTI.

Why this instead of a tune? For me it's the fact it can be removed before heading in for warranty work on the engine. Plus when one changes cars it can be sold to recover some of the cost.

Just get a cobb accessport then. Also can be sold after switching cars as there is no flashing limit and acts like a p3 gauge with about 100 different parameters it can monitor, and display 6 live gauges at once... best of all worlds lol

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
The power module is $200 cheaper though. I love that there is more options for the mk6 now with this and the AP releasing it gives great selection.

markmy6

Does anyone with a manual tried it on their car? Mine is so weird, when I floor it in 2nd gear then shift to 3rd and floor again, it kind of pulls for a split second then cuts power and then pulls strong again. same with 3rd to 4th gears shifts.

2013 MK6 GTI, OEM clutch with 8k miles on it

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
Does anyone with a manual tried it on their car? Mine is so weird, when I floor it in 2nd gear then shift to 3rd and floor again, it kind of pulls for a split second then cuts power and then pulls strong again. same with 3rd to 4th gears shifts.

is your TCS kicking in?

YeahBuddy

Go Kart Champion
I've had mine installed for about 3k miles now and I definitely love it. I will remove it at 10k and the dealer will be none the wiser.

Its tame enough where the wife doesn't realize it's there but when I drive in S or triptonic shifting mode it's fun. Really punches with the foot all the way down on the highway etc.

Got mine used for 250 and it's the best bang for buck I can think of and retain my 100k extended warranty.

**using on a MK7 GTI with Performance Package. SOLD my TDI back to VW

IAtegeler

Ready to race!
I've had mine installed for about 3k miles now and I definitely love it. I will remove it at 10k and the dealer will be none the wiser.

Its tame enough where the wife doesn't realize it's there but when I drive in S or triptonic shifting mode it's fun. Really punches with the foot all the way down on the highway etc.

Got mine used for 250 and it's the best bang for buck I can think of and retain my 100k extended warranty.

**using on a MK7 GTI with Performance Package. SOLD my TDI back to VW

dang $250? I need to find one for that

markmy6

Changed gas stations, running 94 now and no power cut. I think the costco 91 fuel is not good for the extra boost.
But I do still get a little power cut when on High boost settings.
High boost too much wheelspin anyways, especially with winter tires lol