GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB tuning?!

fbgmoney

Ready to race!
Sorry this isn't related to the actual tune but is anyone using the P3 Vidi gauge and Cobb AP together.

My main concern is if an OBD splitter would work and allow me to run both of these simultaneously. I read that there could be some issues if the P3 or AP were trying to request the same info(boost, speed, rpm, etc) so I wouldn't have the AP set up with similar gauges. Just need to know if anyone has had luck doing some form of this.

Haven't received the AP but it's in the mail. Just want to be ready for when it gets here.

Sent from my [emoji337] using Tapatalk

Don't have an AP..... yet. But I have been wondering the same thing.

havocsrt

Ready to race!
Stage 2, 93 oct

The -1.50 knock was at cold start and v1.03 was installed last night, so that could be due to the ECU not being ajusted yet. Anyway, this is my results on my way to work this morning. Seems to pull harder.

-Knock used to get to -3.5 on pulks and now stays at 0.00.

- peak boost seems to be up 1.5-2.0 psi

- trq actual is up to 280, with the A/C on and used to be mid 270

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Sorry this isn't related to the actual tune but is anyone using the P3 Vidi gauge and Cobb AP together.

My main concern is if an OBD splitter would work and allow me to run both of these simultaneously. I read that there could be some issues if the P3 or AP were trying to request the same info(boost, speed, rpm, etc) so I wouldn't have the AP set up with similar gauges. Just need to know if anyone has had luck doing some form of this.

Haven't received the AP but it's in the mail. Just want to be ready for when it gets here.

You can use the OBD2 splitter but in order for the AP to work you will have to put the P3 gauge into "config" mode. Only one source can pull info from the ecu at a time. I have P3 cars gauge and APR mobile both hooked via an OBD2 splitter and whenever I want to use APR mobile I have to put the gauge into "config" mode otherwise it won't connect.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Stage 2, 93 oct

The -1.50 knock was at cold start and v1.03 was installed last night, so that could be due to the ECU not being ajusted yet. Anyway, this is my results on my way to work this morning. Seems to pull harder.

-Knock used to get to -3.5 on pulks and now stays at 0.00.

- peak boost seems to be up 1.5-2.0 psi

- trq actual is up to 280, with the A/C on and used to be mid 270

Nevermind.. Just saw that you have the COBB intake.

I want to run stage 2 with the ECS intake but I'm worried my trims will be messed up.

gonzo511

Ready to race!
You can use the OBD2 splitter but in order for the AP to work you will have to put the P3 gauge into "config" mode. Only one source can pull info from the ecu at a time. I have P3 cars gauge and APR mobile both hooked via an OBD2 splitter and whenever I want to use APR mobile I have to put the gauge into "config" mode otherwise it won't connect.

Thanks for the info. It's a shame I can't run both. I guess I'll just get a splitter. I think it'll be more annoying to plug the AP and unplug the P3 every time compared to entering "config" mode

Correct me if I'm wrong. But for config mode you just hold down the two buttons correct? Or is there something else I'd need to do once in that menu.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I have both, my question to you is, if you haven't already explained why, why do you need the p3 when u have the AP? The p3 looks better and monitors about an eighth of the parameters the AP does. Just leave the p3 in for daily activities and when logging or readiness checks/tuning go with the AP. [emoji1360]

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Here's the only info from COBB I can find.

Revision Notes:
v103 –

-Changed MAF compensation logic to use the newly exposed MAF Scaling Table for COBB Big SF intake system.
-Updated fueling logic for more consistent fueling.

Anyone able to translate what the first part about the MAF means?

I'm about to flash to V103 High Boost 93 on lunch. I'll give my impressions later.

DELETE

Autocross Champion

Revision Notes:

v103 –

-Changed MAF compensation logic to use the newly exposed MAF Scaling Table for COBB Big SF intake system.

I'm about to flash to V103 High Boost 93 on lunch. I'll give my impressions later.

Please do, may update after work! Btw all the updates are free right?

SirClimax

Ready to race!

Revision Notes:
v103 –

It probably means that people with the COBB intake will run better than before (less knock retention, better LTFT, higher boost, etc.)

SirClimax

Ready to race!

havocsrt

Ready to race!
It probably means that people with the COBB intake will run better than before (less knock retention, better LTFT, higher boost, etc.)
That is what im showing already...better knock, boost and LTFT

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info. It's a shame I can't run both. I guess I'll just get a splitter. I think it'll be more annoying to plug the AP and unplug the P3 every time compared to entering "config" mode

Correct me if I'm wrong. But for config mode you just hold down the two buttons correct? Or is there something else I'd need to do once in that menu.

Yes thats correct just holf down both buttons and you are good to go

Natemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Somewhere on here twisted tuning was offering maf calibrations for $45 since everyone was having fuel trim issues so I might look into that because I wanted to wait until I get a DP to also get an e tune but most of the tuners charge $50 for a tune up so I guess it's pretty much a wash no matter which way I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natemk6

Passed Driver's Ed
I am currently trying to decide on which pro tuner to go for and I have gathered the following current info on all of the tuners I have seen mentioned on the forums here. Please feel free to add any extra info or corrections

Prices are for full e tune unless specified otherwise

Stratified - $250 (currently 20% at $200) touch up tune will be $100

Freektune - $200 (currently $150) touch up tune will be 75

Twisted Tuning - $250 free touch ups for 12 months

MAF calibrations $45

Could not see a touch up tune price for after the 12 months free touch ups

JST Performance - $225 for lifetime tune. $75 for a JST ots tune and $50 touch up tunes (not sure what the touch up $50 is for if the lifetime tune is $225)

I have read great things about all the tuners above and I am struggling to find ways to compare them other than pricing. Any input or experience would be greatly appreciated.