GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
Hello, i am sitting on h&r supersports, im looking at wheels that are 19x8.5 et 45 with 235 35 19s how will these fit?

Fender roll of 1’ in the front. A little camber play in the back. No need to roll the back. The offset is fine but you’ll rub a little bit when you bottom out on a dip. If you have more then 3+ people that are pushing 150lbs you’ll run on some running issues on tight curves.
Other then that if it’s just you and a significant other driving you’ll be good man. I loved my 235/35/19 set up.

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Rancheroebay^^

Would love to see some more side shots or angled shots of the drop of your car/tire clearance if possible, about same dimensions I'm running and the minimum drop is about the same if I got ultralows, would u say you could drop it a bit lower without issues? I wouldn't be running spacers tho, no rub on hard cornering or turns? Looks real nice btw!

rancheroebay

KDOG..
This is the only other pic I currently have. I will get more once the weather gets better. I have no rubbing so far unless i am going over uneven roads with the wheels turned and only on the front. I could go lower but would probably rub more than i am comfortable with. If you weren’t to run spacers i am sure you could go a bit lower before needing to roll fenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Don't expect the stock struts to last long on those springs. Looks great though

rancheroebay

Don't expect the stock struts to last long on those springs. Looks great though

I dont know why they wouldn’t last. My buddy has had the same springs on his mk6 gti for over 2 years now and still on stock struts and rides just the same as well as the day we put them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyFear

I've seen lots of people recommending 17x7.5 et45 but am confused since that would poke 6mm further than my stock Detroits, and it doesn't seem that far from flush now (stock suspension). I really don't want to poke, so should I be sticking with something closer to the OG ET51?

Last edited:

Roctre

Ready to race!
I've seen lots of people recommending 17x7.5 et45 but am confused since that would poke 6mm further than my stock Detroits, and it doesn't seem that far from flush now (stock suspension). I really don't want to poke, so should I be sticking with something closer to the OG ET51?

I run 17x8 et45 with 245s for my Summers and they don't poke but the tire is pretty much flush with the fender. My winter setup is 18x8 et45 and tucks a tiny bit in the front and back. Honestly idk who has been recommending 17x7.5 et 45 since X x 8 et45 is the universal recommend daily driver wheel setup.

JohnnyFear

Thanks for the reply. Saw the 7.5/ET45 in a couple threads I can dig up again if anyone's that interested.
Wouldn't the 8/et45 poke ~12.4mm more than the stock 7.5/et51? I guess I need to eyeball some more with the tape measure.

Roctre

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply. Saw the 7.5/ET45 in a couple threads I can dig up again if anyone's that interested.
Wouldn't the 8/et45 poke ~12.4mm more than the stock 7.5/et51? I guess I need to eyeball some more with the tape measure.

Yea it move towards the outside of the fender more but it doesn't poke past the fender what so ever.

Walahmelons

Looking into getting Solowerks Coilovers. I'm currently on H&R Super Sports with 18x8.5 ET45 Wheels and 225/40r18 tire. Fenders are not rolled, but I have done the fender screw mod. I'm wanting to go about a 0.5" lower, so about a 2" drop all around. Will a roll be needed for the fronts? Will 215/40r18 prevent me from having to roll, if the 225s will not fit?

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
Going from 18x8, ET42 225/40/18 to 19x8.5, ET47 235/35/19 and lowered on PSS10's.
Any problems with this?