GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lazy Saturday: Installed a DieselGeek Sigma 6 short shifter

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
Rolf, since this thread I'm loving every minute of our own DG kit. They're solid kits and feels much more flick of the wrist. Anyone still looking? Thinking of doing a Dieselgeek Week for the locals :).

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
After looking at the picture of the kit.
I see bolts, is it for adjusting the shifter?

Not quite - Those Allen ends are crucial to tighten to keep the adjustments in place. The inner shaft of the fore/aft and side to side assembly holds the shift cables in place after tightening (and correctly adjusted cable ends).

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Rolf, since this thread I'm loving every minute of our own DG kit. They're solid kits and feels much more flick of the wrist. Anyone still looking? Thinking of doing a Dieselgeek Week for the locals :).

I'm very interested in this product. I just parted ways with my 94 firebird formula and I must say the throw in the GTI is much farther. It feels like i'm rowing a boat at times. I have an appointment this morning to get my APR Stage 1 (car only has 350 miles on it. LOL) and after that, the next mod is either the shifter or carbonio intake since the engine bay looks incredibly cheap from the factory. I have the noisepipe delete kit on the way too. Ah, it's so addicting :)

If you're planning any specials anytime soon, please let me know and I'll be one of the first to sign up.
Thanks!
Justin

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
i have the sigma 6...nothing else can compare...for the 195 you get the front and rear shortened the side to side....and the best part of all is the cable ends are replaced and you can actually feel the trans

great product

Geofux

Ready to race!
Thanks for showing some pics of the install...

Where did you get the sticker? :p

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
We will be having a dedicated Dieselgeek Week coming soon :). Jim (Dieselgeek) also discussed a few of his next projects since him taking delivery of their own MK6! Stay tuned - and yes, amazing product!

Imbroglio1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed mine yesterday. Took more than 2 hours, but I was taking my sweet time and made sure I was doing everything right. Also, I dropped one of the small white plastic clips from the stock parts down into the abyss of the engine bay and it took me a while to fish it out.

The most difficult part was removing the stock shifter bracket...I didn't have a battery terminal puller so I used sheer strength to get it off, didn't seem like it moved at all but in the end it finally came off.

The shifter is stiff at first but I can tell it's working in nicely already. The throws are significantly shorter and the feel is more mechanical...I'm really glad I bought this product.

Sargeant_002

Thread revival!

I miss my 08' Si bad! I'll be looking into this very soon. For now my TDi is decent. I've shifted worse! LOL

Anyone ever see these pre loved for sale?

Brian-

Bender1

Banned
Thread revival!

I miss my 08' Si bad! I'll be looking into this very soon. For now my TDi is decent. I've shifted worse! LOL

Anyone ever see these pre loved for sale?

Brian-

Doubtful.

I think I have only seen one hit the used market.