GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI TSI Unitronic Chipped Stage 2+ a.k.a K04 - first drive

ZGTI

Banned

Unitronic Stage 2 + with full exhaust 76mm 100cpi race cat , Eurojet FMIC + intake

Installation Petros Kyrios (Carworks Greece)

Last edited:

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
vid has been removed :(

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
HOLY EFF!!

junior0404

Ready to race!
Holly F***!! hey how about that stage 2 for 2.5l?? ;) is it available for all ECU's already? 2010 ones that is.

ZGTI

Banned
Hey how about that stage 2 for 2.5l?? ;) is it available for all ECU's already? 2010 ones that is.

Technical Support: 1.866.341.2447 #102
General questions: 1.866.341.2447 #109

or e-mail

Lavi@unitronic
steve@unitronic

ZGTI

Banned
It seems awfully violent for only (using only very loosely here) 300whp. Is it always like that?

Yes very powerful, no dyno available yet, this is only the first test drive .. but it is more then 300whp

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Really? What do you think its pushing out? I thought the APR K04 makes 334 hp so assuming ~10% drivetrain loss, that would put it a hair over 300whp. What makes the Unitronic so much more powerful?

Not trying to start a company war here or anything, I was just under the impression that all tunes are relatively similar and the power gains, assuming all other mods are identical, would be comparable.

ZGTI

Banned
Very simple, some people will agree and some will not.

I will tell you my point of view.

First, all tuners are reliable. If anyone tries to convince you otherwise, it’s a B.S./ Marketing ;)

As well, they all have the same performance, most of them do.. but not APR.

I will explain, GIAC K04 makes more power then APR k04 and same goes for Unitronic.. I have no idea about Revo but i know their software is solid...

The reason is that APR is able to do so but they won’t because of their Stage 3.

Their stage 3 is 374 HP
GIAC and Unitronic are close to 350 HP +

What would you think will happen if APR boost their K04 to it’s potential ?? What would happen to the Stage 3 ???

Would you really spend 6000$ for 20 -25HP more ?? for 3000$ more ?? how are they gona justify to the client that their KO4 is 350HP that is 3000$ and their Stage 3 is 6000$.374$ (Get it ?? )

If they do so their Stage 3 will be impacted.

So it is strategy plain and simple, to Keep the K04 at 334H and the Stage 3 at 374 HP ! Did u get the bigger picture here ?

My opinion is, if you’re upgrading your turbo you should go K04 (pick the hardware you like) and pick the tuner you like between (Unitronic, Giac or Revo) or go straight Big Turbo GT30 and up, don’t waist your money in between. I’ve been in this path for 5 month investigating and decided to go BT and went with the EJ400 GT3071R/ Unitronic tune ..

Oh the hype about the potential to grow to stage 3 + .. up to now it's a Hype.. it didn't happen previously with the Stage 3 FSI and nothing happen till today for the TSI ..

:thumbsup: