GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat13:SN + Town You Live In= Can Be Fatal. Be Safe. Conceal/Carry & Obtain AR-15s

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
did I just get trolled
No troll. All seasons are made for all the seasons. Are they great in snow, no. Are they great in hot weather performance driving traction, no. Do they get the job done with a responsible and capable driver...yes. if i was in a rwd car then yeah id consider winter tires... but in a fwd or awd car...heck no. Its a novelty really.

Different but similar scenario. .
U can go out and spend $400 on a radar detector in the off chance u get 2 speeding tickets... or u can save that money to pay 2 speeding tickets worth. Proactive mindset really. If youre going faster than what a speeding ticket would cost you for a radar detector...

A. A radar detector wouldnt have caught the speed gun in time...

B. U probably drive wreckless in the winter and year round.

Tldr.
winter tires...for those who dont know how to drive in low traction situations and those who have money to burn.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
No troll. All seasons are made for all the seasons. Are they great in snow, no. Are they great in hot weather performance driving traction, no. Do they get the job done with a responsible and capable driver...yes. if i was in a rwd car then yeah id consider winter tires... but in a fwd or awd car...heck no. Its a novelty really.

U can go out and spend $400 on a radar detector in the off chance u get 2 speeding tickets... or u can save that money to pay 2 speeding tickets worth. Proactive mindset really. If youre going faster than what a speeding ticket would cost you for a radar detector...

Tldr.
winter tires...for those who dont know how to drive in low traction situations and those who have money to burn.

:thumbdown:

Like I said, clearly you have never driven with snow tires.

$400-$800 to increase winter driving ability is a small price to pay. The side benefit is that your summer wheels/tires will last longer.

I don't know where you live, but sometimes when I leave for work, the streets are barely plowed making it near impossible for all seasons to make their way down the street. I actually preferred my GTI with snows to my 4wd truck with all seasons because there was so much more traction.

I feel like I am still being trolled though.

Slowspec

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol wow. Winter tires make a night and day difference. Whether you think you can drive great in the snow or not, the comparison to all seasons is not even close. Was out last year on Super Bowl Sunday passing 4wd vehicles stuck or ditched all day, got through stuff in the GTI I had no business trying to get through. Winter tires FTW, really I'm just mad it took me so long to get a dedicated set.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
dang, hes selling for 40% of new price. That means your set should had gone for like $400-500?

give me a couple days.

clearly you have never driven with snow tires. There's more than just stopping and going. There's emergency stopping and maneuvering...poorly plowed roads, low ground clearance, overall safer driving, etc etc.

Tldr.

troll vs troll on the next Oprah. Roy keeps coming back for more only to find out Boosted is his actual brother. Stay tuned.

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
Lol wow. Winter tires make a night and day difference. Whether you think you can drive great in the snow or not, the comparison to all seasons is not even close. Was out last year on Super Bowl Sunday passing 4wd vehicles stuck or ditched all day, got through stuff in the GTI I had no business trying to get through. Winter tires FTW, really I'm just mad it took me so long to get a dedicated set.

Winter tires are a safety item. In a lot of European countries such as Germany they are required by law. Before modern bad in all season tires, it was the norm here as well.

I personally haven't tried them in an SUV yet, just cars. Tire Rack actually did a test about 5 years ago with a Touareg as their test rig. They used the OEM all seasons vs winters and the winters crushed the all seasons in stopping/turning/starting/etc. I probably will buy a set for the wife if I can find a used set of 17s or 18s for next winter.

Jaber

Modero
Breaking News: Men with a penis, are not really men.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Breaking News: Men with a penis, are not really men.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Wut?

Sent from my iHipster

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I know a guy who ran winter tires for months after winter....

Hes okay. :iono:

Heck hes even running summers in fall :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.