GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Manufacturings defect

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
I got my black TDI MK6 in November and after 2 weeks I noticed my bumper was metallic black. The dealer said that this probable happened in Germany and they would repaint it :mad0259:. Has anyone else had this strange problem? I'm telling you, your car needs to be clean and in the sun to notice it, or else use a flashlight.

zee

Go Kart Champion
...or it could have been a shipping damage which needed a bumper re-spray at the port. Mine is all Red, so it will be easy to spot.

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
...or it could have been a shipping damage which needed a bumper re-spray at the port. Mine is all Red, so it will be easy to spot.
The dealer had never seen this before - The strange thing is that metallic black is not available is the US (I wish!!) - it is in Europe. Also, my dad (car expert) didn't see any damage.

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
Well, when i picked up my golf from the dealership in mid November, i realized that the thing that u press down to adjust the seatbelt up and down was stuck on the passanger side. Still havent fixed it because i dont really care lol. But a more annoying thing is that the gass door gets stuck sometimes...the little tooth that keeps it shut got stuck up and now wont come down, this really pisses me off because the other night i couldnt open it for about 10 minutes.Still havent gone down to the VW dealership to get it fixed. This really dissapoints me, i bought a new car and it has these little defects? i hope nothing bigger breaks....
You better get it fixed, because the longer you wait the more pissed off you'll get.

zee

Go Kart Champion
The dealer had never seen this before - The strange thing is that metallic black is not available is the US (I wish!!) - it is in Europe. Also, my dad (car expert) didn't see any damage.

It still does not make it impossible for a port repair. If the front bumper get slightly scuffed(parking while loading or unloading etc..) and a primed replacement is painted and swapped. After-all, they have lots of Black Metallic used for the Mk6 GTI at the port. Without looking the specific Golf vs GTI paint code, it is still thesame outcome.

The car just launched and they probably have not done a lot of Mk6 repairs at the port yet, so this mistake could easily have slipped through.

Did you ever wonder what happens at the port to your car after it’s shipped from the factory? <<Good read, VW has similar facilities

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!

i have deep black matallic and i live in the US.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
o0ok got it. that's wierd cause they are basically the same car but diff engine

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
And here it is:

I'm thinking of asking the dealer to att. my receiver hitch while the bumper is off (at their cost:rolleyes:). Does that sound fair?

Attachments

• CIMG2182.jpg
    CIMG2182.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 494

tdi-mk6

Diesel it is!
5 Days it took to repaint my bumper and here's the rest of my fiasco:

So Saturday I parked my car in the garage (now in different lighting), looked at my bumper - and what do I see there?!; a bumper FULL of scratches , specks, and even a fingerprint dried in the paint :eek:. WTH??? Called the dealer that I was shocked and very disappointed....since they claim they only work with the best....Now I have to bring it in on Wednesday again for an inspection. Here are 2 pictures - comments are welcome.

PS the 'water drops' on the bumper sill is clear coat paint :mad:

Attachments

• CIMG23391.jpg
    CIMG23391.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 276
  • CIMG23411.jpg
    CIMG23411.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 469

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
5 Days it took to repaint my bumper and here's the rest of my fiasco:

So Saturday I parked my car in the garage (now in different lighting), looked at my bumper - and what do I see there?!; a bumper FULL of scratches , specks, and even a fingerprint dried in the paint :eek:. WTH??? Called the dealer that I was shocked and very disappointed....since they claim they only work with the best....Now I have to bring it in on Wednesday again for an inspection. Here are 2 pictures - comments are welcome.

PS the 'water drops' on the bumper sill is clear coat paint :mad:
That is unacceptable. I would definitely be at the dealer first thing on Wednesday to point this out. You have a right to be pissed. Hope they make things right for you. <<<Vibes>>>

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
Honestly it's hard to paint a black car without it coming out looking scratched when you're finished. My dad owns a body and with our old paint-line (lesonal for those interested) we couldn't wash a car without it looking scratched to pieces, and you could easily leave fingerprints even after the had been baked and set for a week. Thankfully our new paint-line (R&M or something like that) seems to be much more durable.

While the fingerprint is unacceptable, and probably easily fixed with a quick/sand and buff, I doubt the scratches will look too much better, especially under garage lights, they bring out every imperfection from a paint job.

I'd get a quote from a body shop that seems reputable and then contact your dealership about covering since they obviously aren't capable of doing a good refinish job.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Strike 2.

So disappointing that you gave them the opportunity to fix it, and they still screwed things.:(