GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I have Uverse now for TV

How much is that setting you back, btw?

I think you asked about this before (a few months back), or someone else did, the price started nice but just keeps creeping up/going up every year :(

Love the service, hate the price
We're up to $150/month...internet, U300, HD, 2 receivers (one wired & one wireless), & the wired one is a DVR too.
It started at $110-115/month (after all taxes/fees) when we moved in 5 years ago

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Comcast at work. I am paying for 150mb. Consistently getting 180 though.

I upgraded my uverse at home from 15mb to 50. I tested with the guy and I only got 30 through wifi. He said no, they only guarantee 50 with a wired connected. So I plugged my laptop into their router and I got 50.

I tested through my wireless routed PLUGGED INTO THEIR ROUTER, and I still only got 30. What is limiting my wifi that isn't limiting the wired connection?

Attachments

• speed test.jpg
    speed test.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 62

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I used to install and repair ATT Uverse and Direct TV. Nothing worse than going into someones brand new home and having to put holes in it :( always hurt. Id rather go to an older house with existing wire and just re run it than start poppin holes in the side of your home.

Jaber

Modero
How much is that setting you back, btw?

I think you asked about this before (a few months back), or someone else did, the price started nice but just keeps creeping up/going up every year :(

Love the service, hate the price
We're up to $150/month...internet, U300, HD, 2 receivers (one wired & one wireless), & the wired one is a DVR too.
It started at $110-115/month (after all taxes/fees) when we moved in 5 years ago

Haven't gotten my first bill, but pretax, I think we're at $150. That's with ATT Fiber 1000 (no data cap), U300 HD, 1 DVR, 2 wireless. After 12 month period, beleive it will go up $10-$15.

It is still cheaper than Comcast. We used to pay $220 for 2 extra boxes, 105Mbps internet and phone line we never used. When I tried to get rid of the triple play, existing customers get screwed and I was going to end up paying MORE for internet/TV. Towards the end, our promo price expired and it jumped to $245.

Comcast at work. I am paying for 150mb. Consistently getting 180 though.

I upgraded my uverse at home from 15mb to 50. I tested with the guy and I only got 30 through wifi. He said no, they only guarantee 50 with a wired connected. So I plugged my laptop into their router and I got 50.

I tested through my wireless routed PLUGGED INTO THEIR ROUTER, and I still only got 30. What is limiting my wifi that isn't limiting the wired connection?

Are you connecting on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? For HD streaming, online chat, or anything that requires high speeds, I use 5Ghz network. There's so many devices that work in the 2.4Ghz nowadays, it's pretty much congested.

For Access Points and Wireless Bridges, I always recommend Ubiquiti. Their hardware is awesome and they have powerful software to manage it, really helps when you have more than 1 AP. Only downside is it's not noob friendly. So they came out with Amplifi. It's like Eero, Google Wifi and other mesh networks.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Haven't gotten my first bill, but pretax, I think we're at $150. That's with ATT Fiber 1000 (no data cap), U300 HD, 1 DVR, 2 wireless. After 12 month period, beleive it will go up $10-$15.

It is still cheaper than Comcast. We used to pay $220 for 2 extra boxes, 105Mbps internet and phone line we never used. When I tried to get rid of the triple play, existing customers get screwed and I was going to end up paying MORE for internet/TV. Towards the end, our promo price expired and it jumped to $245.

Are you connecting on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz? For HD streaming, online chat, or anything that requires high speeds, I use 5Ghz network. There's so many devices that work in the 2.4Ghz nowadays, it's pretty much congested.

I dunno. It's only 50mb though, would 2.4 slow me that much?

Also, wow on the internet price. I am paying $40 for my 50mb on promo. I think goes to 60 after a year. No internet, no dvr.

Jaber

Modero
I dunno. It's only 50mb though, would 2.4 slow me that much?

Also, wow on the internet price. I am paying $40 for my 50mb on promo. I think goes to 60 after a year. No internet, no dvr.

In our last house, I did a scan of the area, think it counted 50-60 devices using 2.4Ghz. I couldn't even use it standing in front of the router. When we switched to T-mobile, they offer free routers (loaners) if you say you have weak wifi signal in your home. The free router is actually a good router, Asus AC1900. I connected to the 5Ghz network and never had an issue again.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
In our last house, I did a scan of the area, think it counted 50-60 devices using 2.4Ghz. I couldn't even use it standing in front of the router. When we switched to T-mobile, they offer free routers (loaners) if you say you have weak wifi signal in your home. The free router is actually a good router, Asus AC1900. I connected to the 5Ghz network and never had an issue again.

there are 78 devices in my area using 2.4. I need to upgrade my fucking router lol.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Oh, interesting. It was a new router they had just installed though. Nothing was connected to it yet. Does the stuff have to be connected to the router or just waves in the air to mess it up?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.

Jaber

Modero
I haven't had funyons in ages. I did buy the big doritos bag at Costco when it was on sale for 3 bucks and some change.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Das you on your way to illinois yet? when you start seeing signs for chicago you might wanna lock your doors

Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Häagen-Dazs ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make s'mores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Cap'n Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.
i dont get the reference tbh
I haven't had funyons in ages. I did buy the big doritos bag at Costco when it was on sale for 3 bucks and some change.

love the costco. come home with what looks like you barely bought anything , look at reciept and spent $300

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Das you on your way to illinois yet? when you start seeing signs for chicago you might wanna lock your doors

i dont get the reference tbh

love the costco. come home with what looks like you barely bought anything , look at reciept and spent $300

lmao one more hour and i'll be on the way. I live in the hood, doors are always locked lol. Cops tour my complex 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.