GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Horrible Tick

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
How would it screw honest people by a claim being investigated? If it is investigated and found to not be covered they weren't being honest.. that statement makes no sense! I plan on telling them exactly what happened! :eek:fftopic::threadjacked:

If you plan on being honest why don't you want them to see the code? It does screw honest people when VW sees more and more claims for things that are out of the ordinary. An over rev code is not normal. Increase in odd claims for warranty cause more scrutinization and cause normal warranty claims to get investigated or denied more often

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
He's not saying he is going to clear the codes, someone else suggested it. The codes will be useful for assessing what's wrong, it doesn't make sense to have the techs spend extra time diagnosing the car.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
He's not saying he is going to clear the codes, someone else suggested it. The codes will be useful for assessing what's wrong, it doesn't make sense to have the techs spend extra time diagnosing the car.

In our local thread he wanted someone to clear his code so they wouldn't see it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
In our local thread he wanted someone to clear his code so they wouldn't see it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The over rev code... ok guys... I'm going to be honest! Jesus, they need to know anyways...

:drinking:

:sign0052:

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=657799&postcount=15318

I need somebody with a VAG-COM to clear an over-rev code.... anybody want to help before tomorrow when the tow truck comes to pick up my car!?

I do work at a dealership... If they see an over-rev code and try and make a warranty claim, they only have so much pull.. so i'd rather the service team not see it when the scan! :)

I went to shift into 5th, and hit 3rd! :thumbdown:

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Fail. That's just going to increase the cost of getting the car fixed.

ya, I thought about that, which is why I have decided to just forget about doing that! I just want my damn car fixed, and back to normal! If I have to pay, so be it...

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Not trolling. Just voicing my opinion. People trying to cheat the system cost other people money

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
What's left to discuss? Just post an update when you know the extent of the damage. I'm sure it will include the valves, maybe the lifters and the valve seats.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Fail. That's just going to increase the cost of getting the car fixed.

Whoa!...You really missed the point here. The OP broke the car. It's not a warranty item, nor should it be fixed for free under any circumstances. The OP seems to be taking ownership of the issue, as any Honest person should.
Cheats and scammers can ...GTFO

XZT123

Ready to race!
Perhaps you should just be honest that you over revved it, and call your car insurance about it. It's an accident, and it damaged your engine. It is not unthinkable that your car insurance would cover it, not your car warranty. I've heard of car insurance covering hydrolock.

Also, DSG can't accidentally down shift overrev because it would be way too easy to do. The computer will not let you down shift past the rev limit. With a DSG compared to a manual there is much less feel of exactly what gear you are in. It would be ridiculous if an extra click of a paddle button could ruin your engine!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Perhaps you should just be honest that you over revved it, and call your car insurance about it. It's an accident, and it damaged your engine. It is not unthinkable that your car insurance would cover it, not your car warranty. I've heard of car insurance covering hydrolock.

State Farm covered my $1800 ECU replacement when I reversed the jumper cables while rushing an early morning jump start.

The big difference would be that my car was stopped, and yours was going approximately 112 mph during a race. May not want to point out the racing part. :iono:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Whoa!...You really missed the point here. The OP broke the car. It's not a warranty item, nor should it be fixed for free under any circumstances. The OP seems to be taking ownership of the issue, as any Honest person should.
Cheats and scammers can ...GTFO
You are interpreting my post incorrectly. Maybe you are taking it out of context, try backing up a few posts or re-read the entire thread.