GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

rkellis

Ready to race!
Had fun tonight gents. Good meet.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Good to meet you guys. Hopefully we can do it again next month.

Posted from iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Dante_Rez

Ready to race!
Most of us are north suburbs. We meet in Alpharetta.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
For you '11 to '14 model year guys in here, go get your driver's airbag replaced. Another recall announced.

Posted from iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

TheMadChemist

Passed Driver's Ed
checked my vin on the vw recall site and it didn't give me any recalls. does say something about possible coolant pump failures though. anyone had this looked at recently?

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Yeah, saw the airbag bit today. At least they aren't Takata! I think it will take a couple weeks for them to start contacting people, looks like they have to get things in order, and it's VW, so it may take a while....

And the water pumps, that's a sore subject for a lot of people in the 2.0T world. Seems to affect the CBFA (cali emissions) engines much more than the CCTA engines though.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
So I bit the bullet today and offered an 8" Android head unit. Looks pretty nice, hopefully it does what I want. I want Waze in my dash, which this will definitely do. I will set up a tasker profile so my hotspot turns on as soon as the Bluetooth connects, so I will always have data available. Beyond that, the stock head unit pisses me off when listening to audiobooks. It has a "gentle fade" when listening over Bluetooth, presumably to avoid loud jolts as you go from total quiet to sound. That works fine for music, as there isn't typically a long enough quiet pause to trigger that fade in. But with audiobooks, it is always clipping off the first word or two of sentences after a slight pause. Gets really damn annoying. Doesn't do it through the aux in, but I don't want to plug in my phone all the time, and that defeats the whole Bluetooth calling thing. So if I get waze and happy audiobook time, Brad happy.

Torque Pro and Google play music in the dash is a bonus.

Got the Joying JY-VQ122, direct from the manufacturer for a little less than 400.

I will post pics when it comes...

Dante_Rez

Ready to race!
Start showing up at 6.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Ok cool thanks ima try to b ther next meet

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome. Looks like we're Norcross neighbors.

Haven't seen any white GTIs around lately except for at Autobahn performance on Buford HWY.