GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Ride Suspension Thread

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Did you cut out your front sway bar? Was it hard? I am probably going to remove mine when i put my air in this weekend but really dont want to drop my sub frame too much damn work just to remove sway bar.

I removed mine when i installed my accuair shit-level. Popping the subframe off is easy but you most likely will need an alignment after unless you alight it perfectly.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Yes, and when I change it back to 30 psi, I will switch back in a few days.

I busted up my old saw blades on the quarter panel one day. it just aired down on the lip of the wheel and after a few seconds, it slipped and the car dropped and scratched up the wheel. No real damage though.

Hey do you have the maintain preset feature turned on? You should turn it off if your car is just choosing rando presets. That could be what happened when you accidentally aired out that corner.

No issues with other presets?

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
Quick update.

Turns out it was the bottom of the water trap that was leaking (part you drain) did not seal right. I had an extra water trap, turns out the SMC water trap unscrews and you can just swap out the bottom portion of it. Quick easy fix without removing fittings.

As of two days my system is leak free going to spray everything again in a day or two.

Boostedgti916

Just finished my air ride install this weekend. Here's a picture like promised thanks for all the help! Love this forum.

1flymk6gti

Go Kart Champion
I have the front sway bar on mine still. I got the Ksport adjustable endlinks to fit..

First time I aired out I was like..." I want moar low". Cut the rear bump stops down and waiting to hear back about a frame notch.

What do you guys carry around in your car for emergency? I have had my car and never picked up my kit from Open Road Tuning. Im too exhausted from school and work to make a call lol. Help!!!

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
I have the front sway bar on mine still. I got the Ksport adjustable endlinks to fit..

First time I aired out I was like..." I want moar low". Cut the rear bump stops down and waiting to hear back about a frame notch.

What do you guys carry around in your car for emergency? I have had my car and never picked up my kit from Open Road Tuning. Im too exhausted from school and work to make a call lol. Help!!!

I carry around a floor jack and enough air line to re route the whole car, and all the tools I need to install the suspension. I'm also going to pick up some connectors to connect air line to air line, in case I blow a line.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
I don't even have my spare in my trunk. In emergency I plan to just come back with what I need later. I was thinking about just carrying some PTC schreader valves to connect to the bag if I have a line issue. I usually have an air hose and inflation gun in the trunk. I could just put 45 psi in and drive somewhere to repair it.