GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official lightweight wheels thread

Roctre

Ready to race!
17x9 +45 Enkei RPF1 (17 lbs) & 18x8.5 +44 SSR GTX-01 (19 lbs)

You know I was going to go with your setup but I needed wheels that can clear bigger brakes without spacers.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Wheels: Enkei PF01
Tires: Nitto NT01

18x8 et45
245/40/18

18x9et35
275/35/18

Getting them mounted and balanced today. Hopefully they fit without too much of a fight. I have SRSTec fenders up front and ~2.7* of camber so i'm hopeful. Waiting until my alignment on friday to actually try and mount them. But should be a nice upgrade from my team dynamics/direzza combo for track duty.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Just got in some RSE10's in Hyper Black - was seriously looking at RPF1's but they just don't hold up to CT roads. Hoping the Neuspeeds will be a good blend of strength/lightness - for $1,100 a set you really can't beat them.

Also, being in CT TireRack wants to whack you tax + shipping--most of the sizes/offsets were not in stock and had to be ordered...added almost $300 to the total cost of the set. I did end up buying tires from them, though (thankfully those were in stock).

Pictures coming as soon as I get home!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yeah if i could have gotten the 275 in a lower profile i could have gone smaller in the rear but i wanted them to be close to the same diameter front and rear. the coils will keep the car at the right height.

Gino

Ready to race!
Picked up a used set of Neuspeed RSe05 17x8 +45 with the intention of using them for tracking. What tire would you recommend for track use? My car is lowered on Koni Coilovers, corner balanced as well, with all the other mods you see in my sig. I have seen recommendations for 235/45/17 size, but I am open to more or other suggestions. Brand included :) No rush to get the wheels wrapped, but want to start getting an idea of what I will want. Thanks.