GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

jamesyun

Hey, just got a 2.5 Golf 4door. Planning to do an oil change and get winters on the car. Anyone know the torque specs for the oil drain plug and the wheel lugs?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hey, just got a 2.5 Golf 4door. Planning to do an oil change and get winters on the car. Anyone know the torque specs for the oil drain plug and the wheel lugs?

welcome

the search function is your friend - but wheels are 88lb/ft or 120N/m. Drain plug: 22 ft lb / 30 Nm

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
welcome

the search function is your friend - but wheels are 88lb/ft or 120N/m. Drain plug: 22 ft lb / 30 Nm
google works too.

Such as "wheel torque specs 2011 vw gti" or whatever car you want.

I almost always google whatever i want with the phrase "golf mk6 gti" after and it brings up a lot of threads on this site and its easier than using the search on the forum imo.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
google works too.

Such as "wheel torque specs 2011 vw gti" or whatever car you want.

I almost always google whatever i want with the phrase "golf mk6 gti" after and it brings up a lot of threads on this site and its easier than using the search on the forum imo.

V true. I tend to do the same in case another forum has other info too. Especially for Diy threads

Phur

Autocross Champion
I honestly find the search in Tapatalk to be pretty useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Got my intake valves cleaned while having the intake manifold replaced under warranty. I'm thinking of doing the PCV as well, I can do that myself after watching some videos online.

Is replacing that is a good idea? 49k currently

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Got my intake valves cleaned while having the intake manifold replaced under warranty. I'm thinking of doing the PCV as well, I can do that myself after watching some videos online.

Is replacing that is a good idea? 49k currently

Any mileage is well worth peace of mind. Who cares if the old one is still good. Keep it as a back up.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Any mileage is well worth peace of mind. Who cares if the old one is still good. Keep it as a back up.

I just feel like since it's such an easy job and it isn't crazy expensive, I'd like to do it because I had a few things recently updated and cleaned. New intake manifold and walnut cleaning of the intake valves. I'd like to get the most out of the recent cleaning lol.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I just feel like since it's such an easy job and it isn't crazy expensive, I'd like to do it because I had a few things recently updated and cleaned. New intake manifold and walnut cleaning of the intake valves. I'd like to get the most out of the recent cleaning lol.

Heard that. I’ve gotta do a whole bunch of PM stuff including the replacement of my timing chain tensioner and a intake valve cleaning. Two big ones I’ve yet to tackle.

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
When should I do plugs? I was told by an APR dealer stock plugs are suggested for a stage 1 tune, had the plugs for almost 30k.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I did new plugs when I got my tune. I was driving home after getting tuned and blew a coil, so I bought coils and plugs at the same time and just did everything so I wouldn't have to worry about it again. Then I bought R8 coils later on.