GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure: Engine Speed Max 4000RPM

CyaL8R

Just happened to me too.

Hey everyone~

This warning just came up while driving home...not sure what it really means... has this warning come up for any of you guys? Theres a warning light as well just above the digital display on the dash when it first happens.

Thanks! I attached a picture as well ... the light goes away, but the warning data is stored in the dash now.

This just happened to me last night too. I also have a 2011 Candy White GTI and was driving home in bumper to bumper traffic. I'm at the dealer now...been sitting here 2-1/2 hours so far....still waiting...

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
^let us know what the outcome is. this seems pretty random, and i dnt think its because of hard driving or cornering in this case.

skantron

Ready to race!
I had this happen at around 1-2k miles... oil was fine. at 33k, it just happened again. again. oil is fine. Both times it was raining? both times, it was raining, but I was driving pretty easy, today, when it happened again, I was driving super easy becuase I was trying to get my gas mileage up... No error codes on vagcom either.

ErsteGTI

Ready to race!
Happened to me on the way to work this morning. Bumper to bumper and with low speed intervals. Made it to work (~10 miles). Just checked oil after allowing engine to cool. Maybe a tad bit low, but still within the middle zone (B). Turned on the car to go pick up lunch and.....no warning light. Pushed it a bit to 5K rpms and no problems.

This is the second time it's happened to me. Last time, the oil level was at low portion of zone B, and I added 1/2 quart. Dealer mentioned that low oil level was probably the cause, and it's know that GTIs can loose about 1/2 - 1 quart every 1200 miles. Since then, I always keep quart of oil in car, JIC.

Arash007ir

Ready to race!
I got it this morning, I wasn't pushing the car, I was actually doing 5 mile an hour when it came up.
I also keep getting "Service now" for the past 5 days, which was peculiar since I had it serviced about a month ago.

I've done almost 20,000 Km, did all the services. I don't have an oil leak or anything.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Bringing back... I just got this on my way to work this morning. It happened at a light after I accelerated through 2nd & 3rd (soft shifts, higher RPM, incline hill). Car sounds & feels fine, but it was beeping w/ the same message. I have 11k and just got the 10k service done @ 10k.

I will check the oil levels at lunch, but did the dealer find anything else that could be causing this? I saw the loose wire thing, but I feel like not every dealer would find this.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Thread bump.

Got the warning again on my way to work today as I was cruising on the highway at 70MPH. Blinks/beeps initially, then the orange light come on and off in the MFI. For the record, the oil was changed and topped off maybe 3 weeks ago. I'll check the levels again before I leave work, but I'm sure the oil levels are all good.

I also got the warning a couple of months ago as I was crawling through a parking lot. Notification eventually went away as I was looking for a parking spot.

For the record, I'm at 76k miles.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I've had this happened twice in the 43k that I've had this car. Both time kinda came on suddenly, then only to not show again for a long time. Never have I actually seen any issue with oil level that I can tell...

icee

Ready to race!
I got stuck in some pretty horrific traffic the other day. It took 90 minutes to move just 5 or so miles.

The alert came up with the orange light and the 4000RPM limit warning. I've never heard that type of beep before. It sounded like it came out of the speakers vs the normal chimes and ding sounds coming from the cluster. That might just be me though.

I made it to an auto parts store where I picked up a couple quarts of oil thinking that it was just low. Oil checked out fine. I got back in the car, fired it up and the error was gone. Did a 1200 mile road trip right after with no issues.

I never did test the car if it actually limits you to < 4000 RPMs with that message active. Electrical gremlins? Car doesn't like idling that long? Whatever it was, it hasn't come back since.

I've got 45K miles on the clock.

GregAmy

Bump. 2011 GTI, 29.5k miles, dealer changed oil two weeks ago. Short commute (15 minutes), ambient temperature in the high 20s. I parked in my driveway to get out to open the garage door (I really need to get an opener) and left the car idling, and the warning - first time for me - happened right as I DSG'd into reverse to back into my garage.

Immediately shut off the car, checked oil level and it was at max. Restarted car, no more warning, drove to work today with no issue.

Dealer says "keep an eye on it and come in if it happens again."

- GA

eight_heads

Passed Driver's Ed
It looks like everyone in this thread that ran into this message has a 2011... is that correct?

ChancreScolex

Ready to race!
Bump. 2012 GTI. 40k miles. Was headed home from work, got on the highway going kinda fast around a circular on-ramp and then when I went to merge, the "oil pressure, engine off" light came on for a couple seconds and then went off. Car drove fine on the highway, then same thing after a circular off-ramp. I think I probably have low oil and the G's pulled the oil to one side of the oil pan and starved the engine?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Bump. 2012 GTI. 40k miles. Was headed home from work, got on the highway going kinda fast around a circular on-ramp and then when I went to merge, the "oil pressure, engine off" light came on for a couple seconds and then went off. Car drove fine on the highway, then same thing after a circular off-ramp. I think I probably have low oil and the G's pulled the oil to one side of the oil pan and starved the engine?

Its usually an electrical gremlin. I got it when parked on my driveway...parked it in the garage. Went inside, hopped of forums...saw that most people get the warning then never see it again. Next morning, started up car...warning was gone, Brought straight to the dealer..they couldnt find anything wrong. That was Probably 9000 miles ago.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion

It's usually an electrical gremlin but there have been a few guys that have starved the engine of oil doing same thing you did. Check the oil level as a precaution.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk