GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: VW MKVI Golf/GTI Racingline Sport Springs - Click Here !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

Click HERE to order or for more information.

VW MKVI Golf/GTI Racingline Sport Springs - Only $285.00!

VWR parts, as developed by Volkswagen Racing UK for their competition racecars, have released an excellent Sport Spring Kit for the MKVI Golf/GTI.

While these springs do offer the handling and styling benefits of a stiffer, lower spring, the change is a tasteful departure from factory. Daily driving comfort is not compromised, lowering a subtle but instantly noticeable 20-25mm.

Developed in Europe exclusively for your Volkswagen, VWR Sport Springs are a smart, reasonable suspension upgrade.

anticon

Ready to race!
I'm going to be buying springs in the next couple days. I'm leaning heavily toward these for a some of the obvious reasons, among others.
The only pics I've seen of them installed (other than on product pages) are of that gorgeous blue R. Anyone have these/pics of these installed?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Will these springs be compatable with stock shocks?

anticon

Ready to race!
I know you weren't asking me, and I'm no expert, but that is one of the factors that is drawing me in to these. They're supposed to have more "subtle" differences from stock than other performance springs. Pretty minimal drop, yet noticeable, and closer spring rate/stiffness to stock. I'm sure I'll be fine with stock struts and shocks, as my gti has only got 10k miles now, and the front strut mounts were replaced by the dealer about 2k miles ago. Shouldn't need anything but the springs in my situation.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Will these springs be compatable with stock shocks?

All lowering springs will "work" with stock shocks and struts, yes. When lowering any vehicle it's highly recommended (Mainly more aggressive kits) to upgrade them as well. It may shorten the life of the shocks/struts but this will also vary on road conditions, driving habits, higher miles, ect...

Andy

Gab-Bolduc

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going to be buying springs in the next couple days. I'm leaning heavily toward these for a some of the obvious reasons, among others.
The only pics I've seen of them installed (other than on product pages) are of that gorgeous blue R. Anyone have these/pics of these installed?

What about a gorgeous white tdi on VWR? :D

anticon

Ready to race!
Very nice, thanks for posting. Aesthetically, I would like maybe a 1/4" lower, but I think these will be the best application for me. How do you like them?

Gab-Bolduc

Passed Driver's Ed
For me, It's just perfect! I'm using my car the winter too so I can't really go lower than that. I really like the height of the car how it is anyway!

My only concern is the shock life time on those lowering spring. Time will tell! When they will fail I'll go with Koni yellow or a set of bilstein sport. I expect to do 2 years or so on my stock shocks, we'll see...

Last edited:

anticon

Ready to race!
While I think I'm sold, I'd like to see some more, anybody else?

anticon

Ready to race!
Status
Not open for further replies.