GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which car that you used to own do you miss the most?

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
My goat <3

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Nothing flashy or expensive. 98 jeep wrangler 5 speed 4.0L sahara edition. i was just finishing up high school and actually got it as a hand me down. At the time i thought it was the dumbest cars but looking back and later during ownership i realized having the ability to pop over curbs, take off the top/doors/tailgate was pretty damn cool. admittlley probably the dousche thing to do but high curbed medians when stuck in traffic trying to get up to the turn light was pretty awesome. just for the looks on peoples faces when they wished they could do the same thing . inline 6 with 4wd and high bumpers :thumbsup:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Nothing flashy or expensive. 98 jeep wrangler 5 speed 4.0L sahara edition. i was just finishing up high school and actually got it as a hand me down. At the time i thought it was the dumbest cars but looking back and later during ownership i realized having the ability to pop over curbs, take off the top/doors/tailgate was pretty damn cool. admittlley probably the dousche thing to do but high curbed medians when stuck in traffic trying to get up to the turn light was pretty awesome. just for the looks on peoples faces when they wished they could do the same thing . inline 6 with 4wd and high bumpers :thumbsup:

That's interesting, the Wrangler always had a cool factor as long as it existed, I a bit shocked you say it was "one of the dumbest cars"?!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
That's interesting, the Wrangler always had a cool factor as long as it existed, I a bit shocked you say it was "one of the dumbest cars"?!

admittedly i was in my ricer stage, a jeep wrangler wasnt the coolest thing at the time in my mind. The longer i had it, the more compliments i got on the vehicle, the more useful i found it. Not that it was fast or anything but the 4.0 had very usable torque. Parked on a few curbs, parking blocks to show off..but hey i was younger... "its a jeep thing" http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/RP3-MH89PPQ/hqdefault.jpg lol

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I'd say its two for me. My old M Roadster and my old built TJ.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383273143.575251.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383273160.858517.jpg

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
It's definitely a tie for me, I loved them both for very different reasons:

My 06 350z with full bolt-ons and a tune. It taught me the meaning of car control, and almost killed me quite a few times:

My 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 HEMI on 32" Duratracs. I put over 10,000 miles on it in one summer, mostly in state. I know the fire trails around Snoqualmie Pass better than the firemen:

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Mmm Dat 4.6 DOHC... I had a variant of that motor in my Mark 8... great engine.

Wow. I read that line and suddenly I question your car knowledge. I am halfway being a smart ass but I'm halfway serious too. Lol

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
I have a special place in my heart for all of my past cars. Each one with a story.

My '93 subaru Legacy SS. Full bored and stroked 2.2 closed deck block, JDM EJ20g heads and intake mani, VF39 Sti turbo, '06 wrx intercooler, close ratio JDM Sti transmission etc...project car turned into my love child.

My bone stock '98 Jeep cherokee sport

Lastly my MKV GTI

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How are those subaru boxer engines to work on? Their layout always seems like a nightmare...

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
How are those subaru boxer engines to work on? Their layout always seems like a nightmare...

An absolute breeze compared to the GTI, I had that motor out of the car and completely torn down more times than I can count. No need for special tools, everything just worked. You can remove the intercooler in about 45 seconds, valve covers in about 5 minutes, intake manifold in about 45 minutes...i think you get the idea lol

Pissed I got rid of it...

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Interesting it just seems like due to the H shape the spark plugs/accessories/valve covers are pretty difficult jobs where as on an inline engine they'd be a breeze.