GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody measured 0-60 and 1/4 mile performances after APR Stage I upgrade on GTI MK6?

Swhine

Specs? Tires? Mounts? IAT? Ambient Temps? Timing?

I am new to this whole specs thing, so I will try to give you what i can, I did not check the P3Car summary after I ran the 5.17 as I could barely contain my excitement as it was...:

Outside air temp was 57f
Basically at sea level (Long Island, NY)
IAT was 66f as I started.
I had the launch mode on, but only took it to about 2500 rpm as I was not sure how much traction I would lose.

My car has KW Variant 1 suspension, no other structural mods. I have the 18" Karthoum wheels with factory 2010 tires (will have to check on them later) APR stage 2 flash with stage 1/2 APR intake, and 3" downpipe. I will try to upload pictures once I figure out how (newbie after all)

v6viking

Ready to race!
About 6 weeks ago I got APR stage 2 (plus KW variant 1 and APR rear sway - but that's not the point). Yesterday I also got my P3Cars digital gauge... I found a flat piece of road and in DSG manual using launch mode the P3Car gauge auto 0-60 read '5.17'. Woohoo... This was the first time I really ran it and know I can do better... I shifted to 2nd at 6700, and 3rd at 6200, but am not sure exactly when I passed 60.

Next stop, under 5...:thumbup:

Where in LI are you located? I'm Stage 1 and am curious to know how bad of a spanking I'd get if we raced.

I have an old Vericom from back in the day....If I could find a safe place to run the quarter mile I'd give it a go. If anyone lives on LI and would like to give it a try, they're welcome to.

:burnrubber:

Swhine

Where in LI are you located? I'm Stage 1 and am curious to know how bad of a spanking I'd get if we raced.

I have an old Vericom from back in the day....If I could find a safe place to run the quarter mile I'd give it a go. If anyone lives on LI and would like to give it a try, they're welcome to.

:burnrubber:

I am in Old Bethpage, pretty central.

Attachments

• cameraroll-1319727053.442167.jpg
    cameraroll-1319727053.442167.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 251

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
About 6 weeks ago I got APR stage 2 (plus KW variant 1 and APR rear sway - but that's not the point). Yesterday I also got my P3Cars digital gauge... I found a flat piece of road and in DSG manual using launch mode the P3Car gauge auto 0-60 read '5.17'. Woohoo... This was the first time I really ran it and know I can do better... I shifted to 2nd at 6700, and 3rd at 6200, but am not sure exactly when I passed 60.

Next stop, under 5...:thumbup:

That's really cool. I also got a P3 last week. It's nifty huh? Logged a 5.34 0-60 just messing around. Just mashed the gas on D. Some wheel slip so I let off the gas a bit. No launch control. Outside temp 60 degrees. Coolant temp 197. DSG, APR Stage 2, AWE DP, MF CBE, CARBONIO S1, APR IC, Neuspeed TOP, Unibrace UB, 18" VMR VB3's w/ Hankook Ventus V12, stock suspension, no mounts.

v6viking

Ready to race!
Damn you Stage two folks!! :thumbsup:

v6viking

Ready to race!
Schwine: Do you attend any of the local GTI or Classic Car shows?

v6viking

Ready to race!
Here's a thread on the MK6 Weekly meet. I've never been there, so I cannot tell you how the turnout is.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142

There are also classic car shows that take place during the spring/summer on Friday nights at the Bellmore Train Station and Massapequa Train Station. In Suffolk, there are shows out east in the town of Brookhaven and Oak Beach, but I've never attended them..

Hope this helps,

Matt