GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fueling question's

mars2

Ready to race!
HI I have a few fueling question's.

First my car share the same engine EA888 as GTI 6 ROW but it's in a VW T6 Van.
so different lpfp.

I just bought a set of "small" Opel injector's ( +19% flow) to run 100% E85 with my stage 2 remap.
Still got Oem Turbo.
I want to move to 100% E85 because where i leave E85 is half price of 93 gasoline. So i will get better performance and cheaper running.

So here are my question's:

- how do you know when your LPFB is running out of flow and you need one with more flow? some chanel to log on vagcom?

- As my engine is ROW I can implement the Loba HPFP. could it be that this would help the LPFP as it will be sucking gaz harder up stream from the LPFP pump leaving the LPFP with more headroom?

At the moment If i go higher than E30 I can feel it's missing some fuel flow. As car is stoping to push at WOT from 4500RPM as soon as I go down to less than E30 then it's all fine.

So limiting factor are surely the injector's but maybe also the LPFP.
Some tunner here says that I just need a Loba LPFP and don't bother with the injector and LPFP.

mars2

Ready to race!
So I answer to myself!

after some search through ETKA i found that my car has a Fuel Pump Driver Module Control Unit Part number: 5N0906093C
This power module is also used by Audi RSQ3 ( 2.5tfsi engine from audi RS3).
Look like I will not be in need of a torqbite PM3

I then found a Audi RSQ3 fuel pump with carier on eBay for 39€ so ordered it to see I can swap that pump into the carrier of my VW T6 TSI in case my LPFP doesn't deliver enough for E85.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Im not sure but maybe check with Rotary Knight/read his threads i think he runs full E85. But he needed to add another injector (making 5 total) and they were all way larger than OEM injectors and new better flowing high/low pressure fuel pumps to supply the fuel.
It takes a lot of pump/injector to supply full E85 in our cars. (e30/blended is where most people stop i believe on our cars)

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yes additional port injection is the easiest and cheapest way to do it. I am still searching for oem like solution to this. If I ever find it, I'll let you know. Else e30 it is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mars2

Ready to race!
Yes additional port injection is the easiest and cheapest way to do it. I am still searching for oem like solution to this. If I ever find it, I'll let you know. Else e30 it is.

Speaking of OEM i'm almost 100% sure that the Injector from audi B4 2.0 TFSI Flexfuel will do the job for a K04 as it is doing the Job with APR K04 kit for A4 B8 Flexfuel on E85.

I got the confirmation from Apr that the 5th injector i the A4 B8 Flexfuel is only their to help on very very cold start, But it's not involve in the fueling as soon as the car is running.

Don't know why nobody with KO4 that want to run 100% E85 is trying those AUDI A4 injector's 06H906036N

a3scott20

Ready to race!
I dont think we EA888 can log LPFP as there is no channel for it. That channel is available on EA113. Since you are ROW like mine, I think you can try LOBA HPFP and larger fuel injectors. I have done LOBA HPFP (rail pressure set at 180bar) & 8V S3 fuel injectors and it is TON of fueling :thumbup: I also did TTRS LPFP+PM3 and I dont see any change from driving experience.

mars2

Ready to race!
I dont think we EA888 can log LPFP as there is no channel for it. That channel is available on EA113. Since you are ROW like mine, I think you can try LOBA HPFP and larger fuel injectors. I have done LOBA HPFP (rail pressure set at 180bar) & 8V S3 fuel injectors and it is TON of fueling :thumbup: I also did TTRS LPFP+PM3 and I dont see any change from driving experience.

Thank's a lot for that answer. Does going from 150 to180 bar gives you the option to have 20% more flow with injector's at same duty cycle? or does it not work like that.

I'm not home at the moment so no access to my Vagcom. But is their a way to log the pressure from the LPFP or the duty cycle?

So you are using injector 06L906036L or 06L906036E. Do they have same connection to the electrical loom?

Last edited:

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Thank's a lot for that answer. Does going from 150 to180 bar gives you the option to have 20% more flow with injector's at same duty cycle? or does it not work like that.
I'm not home at the moment so no access to my Vagcom. But is their a way to log the pressure from the LPFP or the duty cycle?
So you are using injector 06L906036L or 06L906036E. Do they have same connection to the electrical loom?

Im not sure fuel injector part number but mine is Bosch not OEM, both are for AUDI S3 8V. Bosch is cheaper :thumbup: And I think you are right about the flow with higher rail pressure. You can DEFI gain more fuel from LOBA HPFP swap even with stock fuel injectors at same duty cycle.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of OEM i'm almost 100% sure that the Injector from audi B4 2.0 TFSI Flexfuel will do the job for a K04 as it is doing the Job with APR K04 kit for A4 B8 Flexfuel on E85.

I got the confirmation from Apr that the 5th injector i the A4 B8 Flexfuel is only their to help on very very cold start, But it's not involve in the fueling as soon as the car is running.

Don't know why nobody with KO4 that want to run 100% E85 is trying those AUDI A4 injector's 06H906036N
Is this an apr kit? Because apr is pretty consistent on not selling their fueling stuff separate. I'll look into it.

mars2

Ready to race!
APR on their K04 B8 AUDI A4 Flex fuel EA888 Gen2 keep the OEM injector's.
https://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_long_20_tfsi_gen2_b85.html
This mean those injector's can supply E85 at least up to 374 CHP and 408FT/LBS

You can buy those injector from any body that sell audi OEM part. Quick search on google with06H906036J:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Audi-Q5-Fuel...J-0261500087-2011/1722243917?iid=282648609802

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/fuel-injector-priced-each/06h906036n/

https://www.europaparts.com/fuel-injector-06h906036n.html

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Thumbs up. 370chp is closer to 340awhp.
Might be an easy move.
Just need to make sure its the right audi.
Also, must find out what else they have in the fueling system.
Plus I worry about fsi injector vs tsi injectors

Last edited:

mars2

Ready to race!
TFSI audi = TSI VW
Audi B8 have EA888 GEN2 engine wit VVT
Golf GTI have EA888 GEN1 engine without VVT
Audi A4 B8 Flexfuel( engine code CFKA, CPM, CPMB) have same HPFP as VW GTI 6 ROW
part number 06J127025J or 06J127025G capable of 150 Bar

According to ETKA
USA GTI CBFA CCTA? has HPFP 06J127025N. But in ETKA it says also use 06J127025G!!! that mean you could fit the LOBA HPFP2.0 ???

USA GTI CGLC, CDLF CDLG,CRZA has HPFP 06F127025K or M

LPFP basket and pump part number is for sure different because of different tank layup.Their is no actual part number in ETKA for the pump itself.

Audi A4 B8 Non flexfuel version use injector 6H906035P it's a revision of 06H906036G also use on GTI CBFA CCTA So for sure those AUID A4 flex fuel injector will fit at least CBFA CCTA

Last edited:

mars2

Ready to race!
-06H906036J Audi A4 B8 Flex fuel ( can deliver enough for a KO4 apr on E85 making 374CHP)

-06H906036G AUDI A4 B8 Non flex fuel, GTI6 CBFA, CCTA, VWT6 TSI CJKA, CJKB...