GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THROTTLE BODY UPGRADE (or replace)

jkells

Ready to race!
pzeros are all seasons though? I have rs3's and my k04 gti hooks decent in 2nd depending on the pavement. I do have stage 2 mounts all around though too and an lsd which helps.
My last comment was for you jay745. [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

jkells

Ready to race!
hey come on, there are a few of us!
I have a buddy who drives an S2000 pushing 550bhp and 355tq. And can't understand why I eat him up all the time. He has almost no suspension/drivetrain/mount mods.

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a buddy who drives an S2000 pushing 550bhp and 355tq. And can't understand why I eat him up all the time. He has almost no suspension/drivetrain/mount mods.

So who tuned your tte420? I see I can buy one from usp. Maybe this will keep me from buying the new arteon next year.

jkells

Ready to race!
So who tuned your tte420? I see I can buy one from usp. Maybe this will keep me from buying the new arteon next year.
Yes and there are a few people here in the states that will custom tune them, but there are a lot of tuners in Europe that are willing to send you the accessport and files to do it. And they are really good about getting back to you.

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright might end up "racecaring" the b6. I've been k04ed for 5 years, bout time for a change. What dsg tune are you running?

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

UM and DM both have otf tunes available for the gti tsi tte420... only other options is eurodyne or cobb for a custom tune. If your looking for another option mabotech380h turbo is 1700 with a guy putting down 407whp and 385tq with a small e20/e30 blend motor is untouched.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Don't take this the wrong way but while we love the "how to swap a throttle body" DIY tutorial, you're not offering enough feedback on the throttle body in terms of variable driving conditions and data. I've reached out to Grams Performance regarding this unit and was provided very little info other than a product brochure and the fact that several tuners have provided their own testing inclusive of 034 Motorsport. I placed a call over to Jeremy who said this was a legit addition.

If the stars align, I plan to provide a full review, providing feedback from real world driving scenarios, data logs (I have specific data points I want to measure), comparisons vs. the OE throttle body, water methanol usage and more.

Anyone else have concerns of this making the car run too lean? Or am I overthinking it?

Again, logs are needed, it will add more fuel at certain engine load but 02 correction should compensate with LT fuel trims.

Hyde16!!!!! New part for you to do one of your intense reviews!!

I'm working on this now.

The only issue I am having is when attempting to turn it over on a cold/warm start, it will fail. The second turnover it cranks perfectly fine. I will have to collect logs to see if I'm running lean or not.

Check for a vacuum leak

And this point this review reminds me of amazon reviews that say " I was given the item for free or at a discount for my honest review" lol

Lol, or for an installation guide...

Well, for all the 'disbelievers'. My hybrid K04 or TTE420 pushes around 400 to the wheels. And I have HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY modification done to my suspension, chassis, drivetrain, mounts, etc. I didn't just slap on a Throttle Body and make exaggerated claims. I wrote the DIY and my impressions and problems for this product.

It's good to see this added to a bolt on turbocharger setup. Now I can provide feedback on a full long block engine build, custom turbo system and even heavier suspension build. I also have a local club member and friend looking to provide APR Stage 2 (stock turbo) feedback on this same throttle body.

jkells

Ready to race!
Don't take this the wrong way but while we love the "how to swap a throttle body" DIY tutorial, you're not offering enough feedback on the throttle body in terms of variable driving conditions and data. I've reached out to Grams Performance regarding this unit and was provided very little info other than a product brochure and the fact that several tuners have provided their own testing inclusive of 034 Motorsport. I placed a call over to Jeremy who said this was a legit addition.

If the stars align, I plan to provide a full review, providing feedback from real world driving scenarios, data logs (I have specific data points I want to measure), comparisons vs. the OE throttle body, water methanol usage and more.

Again, logs are needed, it will add more fuel at certain engine load but 02 correction should compensate with LT fuel trims.

I'm working on this now.

Check for a vacuum leak

It's good to see this added to a bolt on turbocharger setup. Now I can provide feedback on a full long block engine build, custom turbo system and even heavier suspension build. I also have a local club member and friend looking to provide APR Stage 2 (stock turbo) feedback on this same throttle body.
None taken whatsoever. Please do a more detailed analysis of the product and provide feedback.

Also, below are screenshots of at idle and at throttle (driving speed).

I reached out to Grams. And their suggestion was disconnect the negative terminal for 15 minutes. Needless to say that didn't work. It is religious though that it turns over on the second crank on a cold/warm engine. Hot engine cranks the first time.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion

I'm working on this now.

Check for a vacuum leak

Alright!!!!!! Hyde16 is here to save the day lol!!

Sub'd for more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiansanto

Passed Driver's Ed
Mounts mounts mounts. Bracing bracing bracing. Suspension supension suspension.

I have about 5k in suspension mods alone if not more.

Alright, lets see it man. Where is your build thread? You claim to be pushing out approximately 400hp and have "about $5,000 in suspension upgrades" yet I don't see any data, proof or threads containing upgraded brand and parts to your GTI. It would be appreciated!

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Did you ever do the throttle body adaption via vag com?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Alright, lets see it man. Where is your build thread? You claim to be pushing out approximately 400hp and have "about $5,000 in suspension upgrades" yet I don't see any data, proof or threads containing upgraded brand and parts to your GTI. It would be appreciated!

Pshhht $5k lol.....peanuts.

jkells

Ready to race!
Lol, haven't been a member of the forums for long so I don't have a build thread.

But instead of hating, you can just read the DIY or move along. [emoji50]