GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Protune/dyno tune recommendations

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
I've purchased nearly all of the bolt-ons I'm looking to get and would like to do a before and after dyno comparison along with a Protune once everything is installed. I just got the Accessport today and had some fun with the Stage 1 High boost map but I'd really like a comparison of bone stock to fully bolted. So obviously, I'll have to have my before dyno done at the same shop that will do the protune.

I'm in the Thousand Oaks area and looking for recommendations/experiences of protuners in the LA area.

From my endless searching of this forum and VWVortex, I'm pretty sure Antspec in Fountain Valley used to be Cobb SoCal. Can anyone confirm this?

If that's the case, I don't making the drive.

But I'd also like hear people's experiences with Yimisport and any other protuners in the area. According the Cobb website, Yimisport and Antspec are the only shops that deal with VWs. All of the other protuner shops in the area don't list support for VWs.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
There's a lot of Cobb users in SoCal that protuned with Stratified, they do it through logs and everyone I know has been more than pleased with them. I'm considering it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I've purchased nearly all of the bolt-ons I'm looking to get and would like to do a before and after dyno comparison along with a Protune once everything is installed. I just got the Accessport today and had some fun with the Stage 1 High boost map but I'd really like a comparison of bone stock to fully bolted. So obviously, I'll have to have my before dyno done at the same shop that will do the protune.

I'm in the Thousand Oaks area and looking for recommendations/experiences of protuners in the LA area.

From my endless searching of this forum and VWVortex, I'm pretty sure Antspec in Fountain Valley used to be Cobb SoCal. Can anyone confirm this?

If that's the case, I don't making the drive.

But I'd also like hear people's experiences with Yimisport and any other protuners in the area. According the Cobb website, Yimisport and Antspec are the only shops that deal with VWs. All of the other protuner shops in the area don't list support for VWs.

Shoot a PM to corman1313. He had a less than positive experience with Antspec (Cobb SoCal) getting his car protuned.

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
There's a lot of Cobb users in SoCal that protuned with Stratified, they do it through logs and everyone I know has been more than pleased with them. I'm considering it myself.

Yeah, I thought about doing that as well but I've decided that I'd like to have a local tuner with a dyno make my custom maps.

corman1313

Ready to race!
Replied to your Pm. I also went with Alex at Stratified after a shit experience at Cobb SoCal.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
OP, do yourself a favour and DO NOT, under ANY circumstance, go to Yimisport.
Unless you'd like to buy a new motor.

Stick with Stratified.

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
OP, do yourself a favour and DO NOT, under ANY circumstance, go to Yimisport.
Unless you'd like to buy a new motor.

Stick with Stratified.

LOL good to know. Did they work on your car or do you know someone who went there? Either way, I'd like to hear what you have to say and details about what happened.

hungti75

Passed Driver's Ed
It was my old car that suffered, but I'd rather not say publicly.
Feel free to pm me so I can enlighten you.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Sorry that it is far but AU Tuning in Huntington Beach is a VW/Audi/Porsche tuning shop. They are COBB protuners as well as Eurodyne tuners. For OTS stuff they are an APR vendor as well.

They helped with my 401whp E85 build as well as a few 5-600whp GTi builds.

Stratified is great for ETunes but why rush doing logs on the street when you can got to AU that has an inhouse Dyno.

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry that it is far but AU Tuning in Huntington Beach is a VW/Audi/Porsche tuning shop. They are COBB protuners as well as Eurodyne tuners. For ITS stuff they are an APR vendor as well.

I don't mind driving and I've heard nothing but good things about AU Tuning on this forum. It's just they weren't listed as protuner on the Cobb website and the AU Tuning website doesn't have much info and there's no mention of Cobb anywhere.

Anyone that's been Cobb protuned by AU Tuning, how was the experience?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Sorry that it is far but AU Tuning in Huntington Beach is a VW/Audi/Porsche tuning shop. They are COBB protuners as well as Eurodyne tuners. For OTS stuff they are an APR vendor as well.

Stratified is great for ETunes but why rush doing logs on the street when you can got to AU that has an inhouse Dyno.

If you have the space on open roads to log safely, e-tuning is actually more accurate based on real world conditions. Dyno tuning is obviously quicker and not going to get you in trouble with the law. Optimally, you dyno tune and then do a log on the road after to confirm and make any final tweaks due to real world environmental variances.

carmaster22

Passed Driver's Ed
Also on the COBB locator put in zip 92649. AU pops up as a protuner

Hmm maybe I was making the wrong search selections because even with my location set it was showing me shops farther than Huntington Beach. So I'll most likely go with them but I'd still like to hear from people who have been Cobb protuned by them.