GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR k04 surge issues...

pashley

Ready to race!
Got APR k04 v3.1 installed a few weeks back. Was having some issues with boost flutter, so everyone told me to take the DV+ off and go back to the OEM DV. So yesterday I did that. Now the surge issue seems even more pronounced. Can anyone weigh in with any info on this? I read a bunch of threads and it seems that people have had this issue, but the threads all seemed to stop before anyone talked about how they solved the issue. Here is a link to 3 short videos I took this morning.

https://goo.gl/photos/R2DFeSEX9HuURJ979

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pashley

Ready to race!
Plugs are brand new. Upgraded ones came with the turbo. I have never run logs before, but I have APR mobile. If someone can tell me what parameters to log then I can do a few pulls from zero to 70 later today.

pashley

Ready to race!
OK I'll read that. Thanks. I'll try to get these tonight or tomorrow. My shop just got back to me after watching the videos and moved my appt up by a week...I think that means they think something is clearly wrong.

pashley

Ready to race!
I should add that I haven't thrown any codes and there's no CEL or EPC light.

zrickety

The Fixer
It could be a lot of things, the ECU is pretty lenient about what throws a CEL. You should check all your hose connections and the plug at the diverter valve.

FL4T_BR1M

Although it seems doubtful that it would make a great difference, I see that you said that you had NGK plugs... What series though? APR recommends NGK 8s. I currently have NGK 7s because I'm only Stage II. For whatever its worth...

pashley

Ready to race!
Yeah I have the updated ones that APR recommends for their k04.

pashley

Ready to race!
Well I dont know for sure, but this clearly doesn't sound right and the car runs strangely in partial throttle boost.

And just now coming home I threw a p013A code. 02 sensor issue. Things aren't going my way today..

FriggenT1

Banned
Well I dont know for sure, but this clearly doesn't sound right and the car runs strangely in partial throttle boost.

And just now coming home I threw a p013A code. 02 sensor issue. Things aren't going my way today..

Arin is so hung up on every turbo surging, you should send him a message on here.